LAW AND PRACTICE OF ARBITRATION IN MAL, SECOND EDITION
LAW AND PRACTICE OF ARBITRATION IN MALAYSIA, SECOND EDITION
Author: Grace Xavier Joanne Long
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell
NEW IN THIS EDITION
- Coverage of the 2011 and 2018 amendments to the Arbitration Act 2005.
- New case law which interprets the Arbitration Act 2005 and guides the practice of arbitration in Malaysia.
- Revised text which is more concise and succinct.
- Substantially rewritten chapter on arbitration agreement.
- Extended coverage of issues related to arbitration hearings.
- Significantly rewritten chapter on arbitration award.
- A more detailed treatment on international arbitration.
This book is an academic textbook on arbitration in Malaysia. This second edition considers the provisions of the Arbitration Act 2005 (AA 2005) as amended in 2011 and 2018 with reference to both local and foreign cases. The changes to the law introduced by the AA 2005 have been given due emphasis.
This book provides a good overview on the law and practice of arbitration in Malaysia. The discussion is supported by reference to relevant statutory provisions as well as local and foreign case law. The working of the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration is considered. All essential areas of arbitration law and practice are covered to give the reader a good understanding.