Veerinder on Taxation, 6th Edition | 2022
Veerinder on Taxation, 6th Edition | 2022 By Sudharsanan Thillainathan; Ong Chong Chee; Tania Kat-Lin Edward; Ng Yee Lin
|Author||Sudharsanan Thillainathan; Ong Chong Chee; Tania Kat-Lin Edward; Ng Yee Lin|
||Softcover, 1680 pages|
The sixth edition of Veerinder on Taxes has a strong focus on laying a solid foundation by going over the fundamental ideas and procedures of Malaysian taxation with references to court rulings and administrative procedures. As a result, the book has chapters on how taxes contribute to the national economy, the theoretical aspects of tax systems and structures, the practical and legal aspects of Malaysian taxation, and examples of how to put principles into practise. There includes discussion of pertinent domestic and international case law decisions.
Numerous real-world examples that should be extremely helpful to readers are also included. To help readers understand the basic ideas behind taxes, flow charts and diagrammatic presentations are also provided.
Key Features :
- All tax changes made since the publication of the previous edition including changes effected by the 2019 Budget, the Finance Act 2018, Income Tax (Amendment) Act 2018, the recent exemption orders, rules and public rulings issued are featured in this edition
- User friendly format helps readers find the answers to their tax questions
- Extensive cross-referencing, index and finding aids
- Content, rates and tables are completely up-to-date
- The law as it stands for this edition is 24 June 2019.
Table Of Content :
1. Tax Policy, Tax Systems, Revenue Law and Interpretation of Statutes
2. The Malaysian Taxation System: An Overview
3. The Income Tax Structur
4. Tax Administration
5. The Charge to Income Tax
6. Business Income
7. Employment Income
8. Other Sources of Income
9. Exempt Income
10. Deductible Expenses
11. Relief on Capital Expenditure
12. Personal Reliefs and Rebates
14. Tax Computations and Tax Audits
15. Real Property Gains Tax
16. Tax Planning, Avoidance, Losses and Current Developments
Sudharsanan Thillainathan is a Senior Partner at Steven Thiru & Sudhar Partnership. He holds double degrees in Law as well as Accounting & Finance from Monash University, Australia and a Masters of Law from the London School of Economics & Political Science. He was called to the Malaysian Bar in 1997 and has more than 20 years of active litigation and arbitration practice.
Ong Chong Chee has more than 20 years experience in the tax field and he has extensive experience in providing innovative and pragmatic solutions to his clients covering a wide range of Malaysian taxation matters. Besides being an Executive Director of the tax division of Moore Stephens, Chong Chee currently sits on the board of a technology company listed in Bursa Malaysia as an Independent Non-Executive Director.
Tania Kat-Lin Edward is a Senior Associate at Steven Thiru & Sudhar Partnership. Tania holds a LLB (Hons) Degree (First Class) from the University of Reading, U.K. Tania was called to the Bar of England & Wales in 2014 and was called to the Malaysian Bar in 2015. Her areas of practice are Administrative and Constitutional Law, Banking and Finance Litigation, Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Family, Probate and Trusts, General and Civil Litigation, Tax and Revenue.
We Also Recommend
Malaysian Court Practice, 2022 Desk Edition, Appellate Court Practice
Malaysian Litigation Series - Commercial Conflict Of Laws In Malaysia