Contractual Duties: Performance, Breach Termination and Remedies 3rd edition
Contractual Duties: Performance, Breach Termination and Remedies By Neil Andrews, Malcolm Clarke, Andrew Tettenborn
Neil Andrews, Malcolm Clarke, Andrew Tettenborn
|Publication Date||July, 2020|
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell
Contractual Duties: Performance, Breach, Termination and Remediespresents advice from three top contract academics on the responsibilities involved in a disputed contract, including performance, breach, termination, and remedies.
- Part 1 covers rescission: firstly its principles and process are explaine
- capacity, unconscionable conduct and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Part 2 introduces the different types of breach and the terminology that governs them and explains strict and non-strict obligations.
- Part 3 deals with discharge by impossibility, illegality or frustration.
- Part 4 discusses remedies available, beginning with the right to sue for a debt and the limits to such an action, going on to cover damages, and then dealing in detail with specific enforcement.
Since the latest edition in 2017, there have been significant case law revisions, including multiple Supreme Court decisions, in all four core sections of the book.
We Also Recommend
The Indian Contract Act, 1872 by Pollock & Mulla, 16th Edition | 2021
Force Majeure and Frustration in Commercial Contracts 1St Edition | 2022