The Tort of Defamation: Concepts and Cases on Libel and Slander in Malaysia and Singapore (E-book)
The Tort of Defamation: Concepts and Cases on Libel and Slander in Malaysia and Singapore
|Author||K. Kuldeep Singh|
The Tort of Defamation is an authoritative specialised text that covers a wide range of defamation issues that can arise in Malaysia and Singapore. On the one hand, the right to freedom of speech and expression, and on the other, the right to personal privacy, are both important.
• Opinions, opinions, and points of view in opposition to protecting people's reputations, character, and conduct, as well as case law from other jurisdictions.
• Each subject of defamation law is described in detail, with a clear distinction made between defamation, sedition, and other statutes that prohibit harmful writing or speech.
• New arrears such as Defamation - the definition under the Penal Code and Criminal Defamation, kinds of remedies and damages applicable in defamation cases, and so forth.
• The chapters are organised in a logical and purposeful manner, building and explaining the underlying principles.
• Provides comprehensive coverage of all main topics and general principles of defamation, making it necessary reading for both practitioners and scholars.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of The Tort of Defamation: Concepts and Cases on Libel and Slander in Malaysia and Singapore
Table of Cases
Table of Foreign Legislation
Part One: Principles of Defamation
Part Two: Defences
Part Three: Remedies
Part Four: Quantum
Part Five: Post Script
Find more books like The Tort of Defamation: Concepts and Cases on Libel and Slander in Malaysia and Singapore | Softcover: Tort Law
We Also Recommend
Malaysian Court Practice, 2022 Desk Edition, Appellate Court Practice | E-Book
Principles of Malaysian Land Law, Second Edition | E-Book
Lam On Construction Claims in Malaysia | E-Book (Pre-Order)
Constitutional Law in Malaysia 2022 | E-Book (Pre Order)