Corporate Rescue Mechanisms In Malaysia by Mak Lin Kum & Shim De Zhen | 2023*
Corporate Rescue Mechanisms In Malaysia by Mak Lin Kum & Shim De Zhen | 2023 (Coming Soon)
|Author||Mak Lin Kum and Shim De Zhen|
|Publication Date||Nov 2023|
||Hard Cover + eBook|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
**Expected Delivery Period: 14 - 28 Working Days Upon publication
The book delves into essential corporate rescue mechanisms such as corporate voluntary arrangements, judicial management, and schemes of arrangement. The authors blend practical knowledge and hands-on experience seamlessly with legal principles, enhancing the book's indispensability. In-depth discussions of real-world business challenges and complexities enrich the analysis, providing valuable insights.
The book meticulously explores the intricate interplay between different rescue methods, illuminating the path to effective outcomes. Additionally, it prioritizes the interests of various stakeholders involved in rescue efforts. By addressing these aspects, the book bridges a significant gap in local legal and insolvency literature, making it an essential reference for corporate lawyers, insolvency practitioners, judges, business owners, accountants, and finance professionals.
- Thorough and useful exploration of strategies for saving struggling businesses.
- Precise instructions on the criteria for each rescue method.
- Structured explanation of the necessary steps to follow.
- Emphasis on executing authorized rescue plans.
- Examination of recent corporate rescue cases in Malaysia.
- Understanding the practical aspects of corporate rescue, including the importance of integrating liquidation/winding-up elements.
- Evaluation of how different rescue methods interact to achieve successful results.
- Overview of the development of the region's legal framework and approach to corporate insolvency and rescue.
Contents of Corporate Rescue Mechanisms In Malaysia:
9. Legal Regime Across Different Jurisdictions
About the Authors:
Mak Lin Kum holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) (Hons) and a LLB (Hons) from Monash University in Clayton, Australia. With over 20 years of experience as an Advocate & Solicitor, he specializes in corporate insolvency, dealing with various aspects such as special administration, receiverships, schemes of arrangement, capital reductions, and judicial management. He possesses expertise in fiduciary duties, financial reporting, stock exchange listing requirements, securities regulation, and economic torts. Mak Lin Kum is well-versed in every stage of corporate rescue, from planning and advising on funding to drafting proposals, guiding creditor meetings, and executing rescue exercises. He is familiar with the processes and substantive requirements of the mechanisms used in these endeavors.