Companies Act 2016 with Overview, 2019 Edition
- Updated Expert Overview of the Act
- Full text of the Companies Act 2016 (incorporating the latest Companies (Amendment) Act 2019 (Act 1605)) presented in clear and readable format
- Supplemented by relevant subsidiary legislation, i.e the Companies Regulations 2017 (PU (A) 37/2017), the Companies (Corporate Rescue Mechanism) Rules 2018 (PU (A) 64/2018) and the Companies (Practising Certificate for Secretaries) Regulations 2019 (PU (A) 76/2019)
- Highlights of key differences between new and old law
- Explanation on implications of the 2019 Amendment
- Clear page guides to assist the user to locate a specific section or Part of the Act quickly and efficiently
- Complemented by electronic copy in the ProView application with value-added functionalities:
- bring the Act with you anywhere, anytime without internet connectivity
- search and locate results with ease
- create working notes using colour-coded highlights and bookmarks
The Companies Act 2016: An Overview (2019 Edition) has been revised to incorporate the new Companies (Amendment) Act 2019 (Act A1605) which was passed by the Dewan Rakyat on July 10, 2019 and the Dewan Negara on July 31, 2019. It received Royal Assent on September 28, 2019 and was gazetted on October 9, 2019.
This publication presents the full text of the Companies Act 2016, together with an updated Expert Overview and relevant subsidiary legislation to facilitate a more practical approach of the 2016 Act. The overview, which has been endorsed by the Institute of Approved Company Secretaries, is written by an expert practitioner with vast company law and corporate secretarial experience to provide a quick summary of the workings of the 2016 Act and its 2019 Amendment. It serves as a first point of reference to facilitate a good understanding of the new statutory regime regulating corporations and its related practices in Malaysia.
This publication is an essential source for lawyers, company secretaries, business advisors, accountants, company directors and regulators, as well as academicians and students of law, accounting and company secretarial practice.
Author: Cheah Foo Seong has had over 30 years of experience in corporate and secretarial practice and has also been a highly sought trainer and speaker on company law and practices for professional bodies. He has published extensively on corporate governance issues, management and regulatory matters in both local and international journals.
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell