Land Acquisition: A Primer | by Prof Dato’ Salleh Buang
Land Acquisition: A Primer by Prof Dato’ Salleh Buang
|Author||Prof Dato’ Salleh Buang|
|Publication Date||Oct 2021|
||Soft Cover + Ebook|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
Land Purchase: A Primer is a brief discussion of the legal concepts underpinning compulsory land acquisition. This book offers the essential underlying legal doctrine of compulsory land acquisition in Malaysia and emphasises key judgements controlling compulsory land purchase of privately owned land in a clear and concise manner.
The right to property, the purposes of land acquisition, the general and special procedures, the principles of compensation, the role of assessors, the position of paymaster, challenging the validity of the acquisition, controversial acquisitions, acquisition of Orang Asli land, and acquisition of wakaf properties are among the topics covered in this book.
This book is intended to serve as an introductory reading for legal practitioners, policymakers, land administrators, land consultants, property developers, and other professionals whose work requires them to understand the law relating to compulsory land acquisition under the Land Acquisition Act 1960. (Act 486).
KEY FEATURES of Land Acquisition: A Primer
- Written in plain English for easy comprehension of the legal rules governing property acquisition concepts.
- The technical principles and methods involved in land acquisition and compensation evaluation are clearly explained.
- Examines the pertinent reasons for contesting the validity of the acquisition.
- Important compulsory acquisition decisions, such as Semenyih Jaya Sdn Bhd v Pentadbir Tanah Daerah Hulu Langat (and Another Reference) , are highlighted. United Allied Empire Sdn Bhd v Pengarah Tanah dan Galian Selangor & 4 Ors  4 AMR 123, FC, United Allied Empire Sdn Bhd v Pengarah Tanah dan Galian Selangor & 4 Ors 
- The Land Acquisition (Amendment) Act 2016 (Act A1517) made significant amendments to the terms of the Land Acquisition Act 1960.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1: Right to property
Chapter 2: Purpose of land acquisition
Chapter 3: Pre-acquisition hearing
PART TWO: THE ACQUISITION PROCEDURE
Chapter 4: General procedure
Chapter 5: Special procedure
Chapter 6: Guideline by DGLM
PART THREE: COMPENSATING THE LANDOWNER
Chapter 7: Compensation must be adequate
Chapter 8: Principles of compensation
Chapter 9: Role of Assessors
Chapter 10: Position of Paymaster
PART FOUR: CHALLENGING THE VALIDITY OF ACQUISITION
Chapter 11: Contrary to the law
Chapter 12: Breach of natural justice
Chapter 13: Non-compliance with procedure
Chapter 14: Mala fide
Chapter 15: Delay
Chapter 16: Abandonment of purpose
Chapter 17: Acquisition for an improper purpose
PART FIVE: LATEST ISSUES AND CHALLENGES
Chapter 18: Controversial acquisitions
Chapter 19: Orang Asli land
Chapter 20: Acquisition of wakaf land
Chapter 21: Land Acquisition (Amendment) Act 2016
Similar books to Land Acquisition: A Primer: LAND LAW
We Also Recommend
Principles of Malaysian Land Law, Second Edition (Pre-order )
National Land Code, A Commentary, 2021 Desk Edition by Judith Sihombing | E-Book
Gatley on Libel and Slander, 13th Edition 2022 | (IN STOCK)
Malaysian Land Law and Procedure by Ainul jaria Maidin and Sharifah