Riley on Business Interruption Insurance
Celebrating its 60th year and dedicated to providing detailed and practical advice, Riley is the industry authority on business interruption insurance. It offers guidance on policy wordings, coverage, and claims in the UK and US, as well as comparing these models with other jurisdictions, making it a leading reference for legal practitioners and insurance brokers.
Its main features:
- Examination of the practice, strategy and procedure of business interruption insurance around the world.
- Covers more than 30 perils including explosions, earthquakes, riots, malicious damage, floods, theft, fire, and disease.
- Overview of business interruption insurance and discusses standard policy wordings, defines key terms, and provides example settlement formulas.
- Covers all aspects of claims processes, calculations, and settlements.
- Compares worldwide business interruption cover in 30 countries across Europe, the Americas, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Comparative analysis of the UK and US models and the policy wordings in both jurisdictions.
- Analyses policy wordings, highlighting common pitfalls.
- Explains how recurring claims issues can be addressed by the wording of the policy and how they can be resolved in practice.
Highlighted new commentary includes:
- Updated legal analysis to reflect the new Insurance Act 2015
- Case law has been reviewed and updated, with additional opinions on the most significant decisions
- New chapter exploring current and future developments within the field of business interruption insurance
- New commentary on the threat of hacking and identity theft and the new era of cyber insurance
- The section on waste management and environment services businesses has been expanded
- Additional discussion on the mis-selling of interest rate hedging product