The Practitioner's Guide To Defamation Law by Harish Nair & Amanda Loh | 2023*
The Practitioner's Guide To Defamation Law by Harish Nair & Amanda Loh | 2023 (Coming Soon)
|Author||Harish Nair & Amanda Loh|
||Hard Cover + eBook|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
**Expected Delivery Period: 14 - 28 Working Days Upon Publication
This publication provides a thorough overview of the relevant laws and procedures related to defamation cases in court, offering practical advice on managing one's reputation. It serves as a useful resource for both preventing and addressing defamation lawsuits. The inclusion of templates and sample documents enhances the explanation of legal concepts featured in the book.
A proficient legal advisor must be well-prepared to handle crisis management strategies, manage media interactions, and craft statements for clients, particularly those facing public scrutiny due to real or perceived scandals. Access to expert legal advice becomes crucial in guiding individuals and corporations on media communications and defending against damaging statements. This book addresses these practical aspects, equipping legal advisors to assist their clients effectively in defamation cases.
In the event of litigation, this book proves invaluable. It offers guidance for both plaintiffs and defendants, covering essential aspects such as the elements of a claim, available defenses, issuing effective apologies, managing case proceedings, discussing damages, and exploring settlement options. Additionally, the publication explores alternative courses of action for aggrieved parties, including filing complaints with regulatory bodies such as the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, reporting incidents to the police, and requesting the removal of offensive content from relevant social media platforms.
Thoroughly researched and comprehensive, this guide is essential for successfully navigating defamation matters. Its key features include:
- comprehensive and practical coverage of defamation actions,
- clear explanations of each cause of action's requirements,
- systematic presentation of procedural steps,
- discussion of interim measures,
- detailed analysis of available defenses,
- citation of numerous local and foreign legal precedents,
- advice on reputation management and defamation prevention strategies,
- instructive checklists for defamation case pleadings,
- and sample documents accompanied by helpful guidance notes.
- Relevant legislative provisions are also available on ProView for easy reference.
Contents of The Practitioner's Guide To Defamation Law:
- The Parties
- The Claim
- The Action
- Reputation Management
- Other Recourses
- Letter of demand
- Response to letter of demand
- Statement of claim
- Pernyataan tuntutan
- Plaintiff’s witness statement
- Defendant’s witness statement
About The Authors of The Practitioner's Guide To Defamation Law: