Riley on Business Interruption Insurance, 11th Ed
Riley on Business Interruption Insurance, 11th edition
|Author||Damian Glynn and Toby Rogers|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
This new version arrives at an important juncture. Following the UK Supreme Court's decision in the FCA test case on business interruption insurance, it has been completely updated and reconstructed. Riley discusses the significance of this ruling and the implications for policyholders affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The chapters have been extensively restructured to increase accessibility and usability.
- A new legal chapter discusses the Insurance Act of 2015, late payment damages, the 2021 FCA test case, and the consequences for causation under business interruption policies.
- New analysis of parametric and pandemic/epidemic coverage.
- Extensions of business interruption have been consolidated into a single chapter, treated in greater depth, and now dealt in a practical, alphabetical order.
- Consideration of cyber risks and available protection.
- Updated coverage of all threats, including riots and terrorism.
- An assessment of business interruption insurance practise, strategy, and method.
- Expert analysis and practical examples provide extensive understanding from a legal, insurance, and accounting standpoint.
- Pandemics, explosions, earthquakes, riots, malicious destruction, floods, theft, fire, and other risks are all covered.
- Examines standard policy wordings and clarifies essential words, pointing out common problems and offering sample settlement formulae.
- Examines the methods for determining the required basis of coverage.
- All parts of the claims process, calculations, and settlements are covered.
- Examines business interruption and global insurance programmes from a worldwide perspective.
- Compares business interruption insurance coverage in 30 countries across Europe, the Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
- Comparative comparison of the UK and US models, as well as their policy wordings.
- Examines many accounting methodologies, including income stream analysis, gross profit, gross earnings, and determining changes to turnover.
- Explains how the policy's wording can handle recurring claims difficulties and how they can be resolved in practise.
- Over 200 charges in corporate accounts are addressed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Riley on Business Interruption Insurance, 11th Ed
- Business Interruption Risk and Insurance – Introduction
- Policy Overview
- Additional Clauses and Extensions
- Legal Principles Relevant to Business Interruption Claims
- Risk Management and Self Insurance
- Selecting the Right Cover
- The Maximum Indemnity Period
- Calculating the Amount to be Insured
- Market Sectors and Specialist Risks
- International Considerations
- Claims – The Process and Mitigation of Loss
- Claims – Evidencing Quantum
- Claim Settlements – Issues that Arise in Practice
- Current and Future Developments
Find more books like Riley on Business Interruption Insurance: Insurance Law
We Also Recommend
Medical Negligence in Malaysia: Cases and Commentary, 2nd Edition | Student Edition
Malaysian Litigation Series - Fundamentals Of Running Down And Personal Injury Litigation | 2022
Ananthams' Orthopaedics: Orthopaedics For The Legal Profession