Applied Takaful and Modern Insurance : Law and Practice, 3rd Edition
Applied Takaful and Modern Insurance : Law and Practice, 3rd Edition By: Mohd Ma'sum Billah
|Author||Mohd Ma'sum Billah|
This book presents a comparison of the ideas and methods of Takaful and contemporary insurance in a straightforward and concise manner. The comparison of the regulatory and practical concerns in the two systems highlights the contrasts and similarities between the two systems, allowing for a clearer understanding of the systems that operate in tandem to address the many risks that people face today.
- Subject matter at risk, insurable interest, good faith, insurance contracts, risk management, insurance intermediaries, nomination, beneficiaries, claims, distribution, and legal formalities are only a few of the topics addressed.
- The contemporary experience in Takaful operation is discussed
- Recommendations are made for the industry's future growth in the modern world economy.
- Practical comparison of modern (conventional) and Islamic insurance
- A useful guide for developing the Takaful framework in nations that follow Islamic trading norms.
- The theological basis underpinning the relevant Islamic insurance legislation is established through the regular reference of Qur'anic verses and prophetic traditions, with English translations.