B. R. Ghaiyes MISCONDUCT IN EMPLOYMENT
The current 3rd edition of this comprehensive work has been thoroughly revised and updated by Dr. J.K. Verma in the light of the emerging new concepts and changes in judicial thinking that have taken place in the last three decades. All Supreme Court and High Courts judgments/orders as reported till June 2014 are included. This extensive work also includes useful appendices containing statutory rules like the Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965; Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964; Certified Standing Orders, etc.
- The rules, regulations and practices in public employment and industrial employment have been separately discussed.
- Sastry Award and Desai Award governing the workmen of the banks are discussed.
- The work guides in dealing with every possible ‘Misconduct’ case including the Technology based and the likely pitfalls.
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) discussed at length.
- A specimen form of CHARGE-SHEET given at the end of each chapter helps in framing Charge Sheet against an employee.
- The author has offered practical suggestions in dealing with strikes, lock-outs, riots, etc.
- Written in a very simple and practical language so that all legal propositions are easily understood even by a layman.
Table of Cases
Table of Statutes
BASIC CONCEPTS OF EMPLOYMENT
AND GENERAL NATURE OF MISCONDUCT
2. General Nature of Misconduct
3. Constitutional Provisions Relating to
4. Conduct Rules
6. Industrial Employment
7. Rules Governing Conditions of Service in
xii B.R. Ghaiye’s Misconduct in Employment
ACTS CONSTITUTING MISCONDUCT:
PENALTIES AND REMEDIES
8. Misconduct and Conduct Rules
9. Absenteeism and Disobedience
10. Acts Harmful to the Interest of the Employer
11. Negligence at Work
12. Strike/Go-slow as Misconduct
13. Misconducts Involving Dishonesty
14. Acts Subversive of Discipline
15. Punishment and Remedies
I. Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964
II. Central Civil Services (Classification,
Control & Appeal) Rules, 1965
III. Industrial Employment (Standing Orders)
IV. Industrial Employment (Standing Orders)
Central Rules, 1946
V. Sastry Award, 1952
VI. Indian Medical Council (Professional Conduct,
Etiquette and Ethics) Regulations, 2002
VII. Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
(Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal)
VIII. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
IX. Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013
Brief Contents xiii
X. Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and MRTU
and PULP Act, 1971 (Schedules)
XI. Chartered Accountants Act, 1949
XII. Cost and Works Accountants Act, 1959
XIII. Company Secretaries Act, 1980
XIV. Rajasthan State Road Transport
Workers & Workshop Employees Standing
Orders, 1965 (Corrected up to
31st March 1979)
XV. Standing Orders of Steel Authority of
India Ltd., Bokaro
XVI. Certified Standing Orders for Workmen of
Establishments under BCCL, Dhanbad
XVII. National Coal Wage Agreement IX