Comparative Review of Malaysian Statutes : Companies Act 1965 (Act 125) & Companies Act 2017 (Act 777)
Comparative Review Of Malaysian Statutes: Companies Act 1965 (Act 125) & Companies Act 2017 (Act 777) By Shaun Paulian
The purpose of this study is to serve as a rapid reference and research tool for main legislative changes between the previous Companies Act and the current 2016 Act, which took effect on January 31, 2017. Readers may readily access all repealed parts, new sections, and parallel provisions of the new Act by emphasising the significant changes in the law and offering a section-by-section comparative assessment. Minor commentary from discussions and judgments behind repeal or insertion of sections is interspersed within the black-letter clauses.
Provides rudimentary explanation of the changes in Malaysian company law
• Essentially consists of 3 parts –
(i) repealed sections;
(ii) new sections and its application;
(iii) cross references between Act 125 and Act 777
• Targets a cross section of readership, i.e. practitioners, in-house counsels, company secretaries, etc.
CONTENTS of Comparative Review of Malaysian Statutes
1. Out with the old - Completely repealed sections
2. In with the new - New sections of the Companies Act 2016
3. Comparative Review of Malaysian Statutes: Companies Act 1965 (Act 125) & Companies Act 2016 (Act 777)