Contempt Of Court In Malaysia: Practice And Procedure | by Gan Chong Chieh (2022)
Contempt Of Court In Malaysia: Practice And Procedure
|Author||Gan Chong Chieh|
|Publication Date||Apr 2022|
|Format||Hardcover + Ebook , 432 pp|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
Because no particular legislation on contempt of court has been adopted in Malaysia to yet, the law regulating this issue is essentially common law. For practitioners, scholars, and judicial officials alike, this book serves as an important and up-to-date source of reference on committal processes. It is the result of significant research into local and UK case law, as well as rulings from other Commonwealth countries such as Singapore and Hong Kong, and covers both civil and criminal contempt. There includes a helpful discussion on freedom of expression and its influence on contempt of court, as well as a summary of contempt reform and progress in numerous Commonwealth countries.
Due to the procedural nature of committal processes, a long chapter discusses the law, procedure, and pertinent factors in committals. The principles of sentencing, mitigation, and the types of sentences that can be imposed for contempt are all thoroughly examined, as are appeals against court decisions. This book's comprehensive legal analysis is supplemented with a useful collection of forms and precedents pertinent to the conduct of committal processes.
- A comprehensive guide on the substantive and procedural law of contempt that is easy to understand.
- A comprehensive review of domestic and international case law, including judgements from the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
- As of February 2022, the cases have been updated.
- A useful collection of forms and precedents that may be used as templates throughout the committal process.
- The Court of Appeal and the Federal Court have issued two important Practice Directions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Contempt Of Court In Malaysia
We Also Recommend
Law of Evidence : A Commentary by Srimurugan Alagan | 2020
Akta Fitnah 1957 (Akta 286) & Defamation Act 1957 (Act 286) [Hingga 5hb Februari 2022]
Inheritance (Family Provision) Act 1971 (Act 39) & Distribution Act 1958 (Act 300) and Order [As At 15th January 2022]
Construction Adjudication In Malaysia, 3rd Edition | 2022