Companies Voluntary Winding-Up Handbook (E-book)
Companies Voluntary Winding-Up Handbook By Cheah Foo Seong and Lee Siew Kim
|Author||Cheah Foo Seong and Lee Siew Kim|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
- Written in simple English language for easy understanding of the legal provisions governing voluntary winding-up.
- Written by authors with vast company law and corporate secretarial experience.
- Systematic and well-structured organisation of content supported by relevant statutory and case authorities.
- Useful flow-charts, forms, notices and sample documents.
- Important forms of the Companies Commission of Malaysia are reproduced for easy reference.
This guidebook discusses different issues of voluntary winding-up, including the voluntary winding-up of members and creditors. It covers the legislation on voluntary winding-up and related activities, with flowcharts, forms, notifications, and example minutes of Board of Directors meetings and notification of resolutions accompanying the text. The book covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Procedures of voluntary winding-up;
- Effects of passing a resolution by members to wind up a company;
- Grounds for voluntary winding-up of a company;
- Declaration of solvency;
- Roles and responsibilites of liquidators;
- Practical issues affecting liquidators;
- Striking off name of company; and
- Consequences of winding-up to a company and limited liability partnership (LLP).
The principal audience of this handbook are accountants, company secretaries and professionals who are involved in voluntary winding-up work. It will also be a valuable guide to legal practitioners who are new and may have limited experience in this area, to carry out the work more smoothly from start to end. For the more experienced practitioner, this will be a handy work companion. This handbook will also be beneficial to students who are pursuing their further studies in the Business, Accounting and Corporate Administration fields.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Companies Voluntary Winding-Up Handbook
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Members’ Voluntary Winding-Up
- Chapter 3 - Declaration of Solvency
- Chapter 4 - Liquidator and Responsibilities
- Chapter 5 - Creditors’ Voluntary Winding-Up
- Chapter 6 - Miscellaneous Matters of a Liquidator
- Chapter 7 - Leave of Court
- Chapter 8 - Issued Affecting or Faced by Liquidator
- Chapter 9 - Striking Off Name of a Company
- Chapter 10 - Limited Liability Partnerships Dissolution and Strike Off