Corporate Liability In Malaysia by Wan Azlan Ahmad, Mohsin Hingun | 2023 (Ebook)
Corporate Liability In Malaysia by Wan Azlan Ahmad, Mohsin Hingun | 2023
|Author||Wan Azlan Ahmad,Mohsin Hingun|
|Publication Date||Jun 2023|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
**Please allow 3 working days for processing
This book, which is comprehensive in its content and offers much-needed guidance on corporate liability following the adoption of section 17A of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act in June 2020, also addresses the responsibility of businesses for the actions of its owners and executives who misuse the corporate vehicle. This is related to the current top issue over determining beneficial ownership of corporations, which will be legally covered in light of forthcoming Companies Act 2016 revisions.
The book offers advice on preventative actions businesses may take, such as the "adequate procedures" outlined in section 17A of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act. It also examines potential defences used by businesses and their personnel. The potential penalties that can be applied to businesses for violating corporate responsibility are taken into account.
- Comprehensive book on the law regarding corporate liability in Malaysia.
- Written in clear and simple language.
- examines the idea of distinct legal personality as well as corporate accountability in a many of contexts, including contract, tort, criminal, securities, banking, environmental, and occupational safety and health law.
- After the passage of Section 17A of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act, corporation responsibility has become a highly pressing issue.
- Considers corporate liability for the misuse of the corporate vehicle for the commission of crimes like money laundering, corruption and terrorism financing.
- examines the best practises for monitoring a company's beneficial ownership, which will be required by a future modification to the Companies Act 2016.
- Considers penalties which may be imposed and defences which may be relied on by companies.
Table Of Contents Corporate Liability In Malaysia | 2023 :
- Corporate Personality and Piercing the Corporate Veil
- Corporate Liability in Civil Law and in Tort
- Corporate Liability in Contract and in Equity
- Corporate Criminal Liability
- Anti-Corruption and Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Consumer Law
- Securities Law
- Banking Law
- Environmental Law
- Occupational Safety and Health and Employees’ General Welfare
- Misuse of Corporate Vehicle and Beneficial Ownership of Companies
The Malayan Law Journal, Current Law Journal, British Tax Review, International Construction Law Review, IIUM Law Journal, and Journal of Applied Sciences Research are just a few of the journals where Wan Azlan and Mohsin have both individually and jointly published numerous articles.
Find more books like Corporate Liability In Malaysia | 2023 (Ebook): COMPANY LAW AND CORPORATE LAW
We Also Recommend
Companies Act 2016 (Act 777), Regulations & Rules [As At 5th October 2022]
Akta Kerja 1955 (Akta 265), Peraturan-Peraturan Dan Perintah & Perundangan Terpilih (Hingga 1hb Jan 2023)
Contracts Act 1950 (Act 136) & Government Contracts Act 1949 (Act 120) [As At 25th May 2022]
Employment Act 1955 (Act 265), Regulations and Orders & Selected Legislation [As At 1st January 2023]