Sentencing Practice in Malaysia, 2nd Edition (E-book)
Sentencing Practice in Malaysia, 2nd Edition
|Author||Ho Mooi Ching|
|Publication Date||Oct 2014|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
**Please Allow 3 Working Days For Processing
This is a reference book that gives a thorough and in-depth explanation of the legislation governing sentence, including the principles of sentencing and how they are applied. It goes over the terminology used in sentencing rules in great detail. This book highlights many critical debates on various sentencing accessible to the court, including death sentences, imprisonment, fines, whipping, bonds of good behaviour, and other non-custodial decrees – as well as talks on juvenile offenders and their treatment.
Features & Benefits of Sentencing Practice in Malaysia
- Relevant statutory provisions and useful case authorities are used to support the discussions.
- Includes the most recent developments as a result of changes to statutes such as the Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Criminal Justice Act, and Prison Act.
- There is a new chapter on Pre-Trial Procedures.
- Completely rewritten chapter on Overview of Sentencing Guidelines for Some Offenses; the chapter provides a summary of sentencing guidelines that apply to a variety of offences under the Penal Code, including those involving the human body and those involving property; drug possession, corruption, and child abuse.
- All procedural and substantive requirements are thoroughly examined in order to assist busy judges and criminal practitioners in navigating the plethora of technicalities that come with sentence.
- In a climate where no sentencing guidelines have been released by any authority and there is a scarcity of information, this book is a must-have.
Find more books like Sentencing Practice in Malaysia: All books