Essential Company Law In Malaysia: Navigating The Companies Act 2016, Second Edition
Essential Company Law In Malaysia: Navigating The Companies Act 2016, Second Edition by Dr Chan Wai Meng
|Author||Dr Chan Wai Meng|
|Publication Date||Oct 2021|
||Soft Cover + Ebook|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
This revised second edition guides and promotes a rapid grasp of the Malaysian business law system by presenting the legislation in a simple and straightforward manner. The provisions of the Corporations Act 2016 are often referred to in order for the reader to understand the legislative structure governing companies in Malaysia. Concepts are clarified using illustrations, and instances are referenced for reference. The use of mind maps has been introduced to aid in the understanding of essential ideas and procedures. The current system is compared to the previous scheme under the Companies Act 1965, which contained pertinent and useful remarks to assist in the study of more complex parts of the law.
Each chapter starts with the learning goals, then delivers the main ideas in short paragraphs before concluding with a summary to ensure that the reader has a thorough comprehension of the subject matter. "Points to Ponder" is a section that emphasises tough topics that should be discussed and considered further. A valuable comparison of significant clauses of the Companies Act 1965 and the Companies Act 2016 may be found in the book's Appendix.
The criteria for document execution and the conditions for director loans have been discussed, as well as changes made by the Companies Act 2016 Reprint and the Companies (Amendment) Act 2019.
This book is ideal for non-law degree students pursuing Company Law as part of their studies, as well as those taking the MAICSA, ACCA, MICPA, and MIA exams. Practitioners who need a fast refresher on fundamental concepts, as well as those who wish to learn more about general company law and how the Companies Act 2016 affects their firm, may find it useful.
Key Features of this New Edition of Essential Company Law In Malaysia
- Essential concepts are presented in a simple and concise manner.
- There are graphics and figures to help you grasp what you're reading.
- Mind maps aid in the comprehension of crucial ideas and procedures.
- The necessity for a beneficial owner record, audit exemption, and restrictions on judicial management and corporate voluntary arrangements are all new features.
- The legislation on partnerships and limited liability partnerships has been expanded.
- There's a lot of cross-referencing in this book, so it's simple to find what you're looking for.
- "Thoughts to Ponder" focuses on tough topics that need further thought.
- The appendix provides a helpful comparison of the changes between the Companies Act 1965 and the Companies Act 2016, as well as serving as an index to the book's contents.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Essential Company Law In Malaysia
- Classification of Companies
- Separate Legal Entity
- Corporate Transactions
- Share Capital
- Maintenance of Capital
- Appointment of Directors
- Directors: Powers and Duties
- Appointment of Secretary
- Accounts and Auditors
- Member’s Remedies
- Loan Capital
- Corporate Rescue Schemes
- Winding Up