Kendall on Expert Determination, 5th Edition
This work is renowned as the leading text on expert determination. This new edition explains the procedures involved in detail, examines the application of expert determination in a range of commercial sectors, and looks at all the practical issues involved such as tactics during a dispute.
It covers the many recent developments in the area, including the growing international use of expert determination and how it is being used in a steadily wider range of commercial sectors.
- Examines the use of expert determination in different commercial sectors – from rent review, the oil industry and construction to gas, rail, IT, outsourcing and joint ventures
- Discusses appointing the expert, his rights and powers, and jurisdiction
- Advises on the content of the expert clause in a contract
- Considers practical aspects, such as tactics when conducting a dispute
- Deals with enforcing and challenging the decision
- Analyses the impact of significant recent decisions
- Provides useful forms and precedents, including an expert clause
- Covers cross-jurisdictional issues and similar dispute systems used in other major jurisdictions
- Shows how expert determination can be used alongside arbitration, mediation or litigation