Law and Practice of Arbitration in Malaysia, 2nd Edition
Law and Practice of Arbitration in Malaysia, 2nd Edition by Grace Xavier and Joanne Long
|Author||Grace Xavier and Joanne Long|
||Soft Cover + Ebook|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
NEW IN THIS EDITION of Law and Practice of Arbitration
- The 2011 and 2018 modifications to the Arbitration Act 2005 are discussed.
- New case law that interprets the 2005 Arbitration Act and directs Malaysian arbitration practise.
- Text has been revised to be more concise and succinct.
- Chapter on arbitration agreement has been completely redone.
- Issues relating to arbitration proceedings are covered in greater depth.
- The chapter on arbitration awards has been completely redone.
- A more in-depth look at international arbitration.
This is an arbitration textbook written in Malaysia. This second volume explores the provisions of the Arbitration Act 2005 (AA 2005) as changed in 2011 and 2018 with reference to both local and foreign cases. The significance of the legislation amendments brought forth by the AA 2005 has been emphasised.
This book provides an excellent overview of Malaysian arbitration law and procedure. The debate is supported by relevant statutory provisions as well as local and international case law. The functioning of the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration is investigated. All important topics are covered to provide the reader a complete grasp of arbitration law and practise.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Law and Practice of Arbitration
- Overview of the Law of Arbitration
- The Arbitration Agreement
- Scope and Extent of Arbitration Agreement and Arbitrability of Disputes
- "Scott v Avery" Clauses
- Stay of Proceedings
- Appointment, Powers and Duties of Arbitral Tribunal
- The Hearing - Procedure and Related Matters
- The Award - Form and Content, Setting Aside and Enforcement
- International Arbitration
Find similar books to Law and Practice of Arbitration: ARBITRATION
We Also Recommend
A Practical Guide to the SIAC Rules By Paul Sandosham | E-Book
Law, Practice and Procedure of Arbitration, 2nd Edition | E-Book
Arbitration Act 2005 (Act 646) & Mediation Act 2012 (Act 749) [Hingga 10hb Jun 2022]