Public International Law: A Practical Approach, 4th Edition (Student Edition)
Public International Law: A Practical Approach, 4th Edition (Student Edition) BY Professor Dr Abdul Ghafur Hamid
|Author||Professor Dr Abdul Ghafur Hamid @ Khin Maung Sein|
|Publication Date||Jun 2019|
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell
NEW IN THIS EDITION
- Revised treatment of “juridical basis of international law”.
- Revised discussion on the contemporary popular topic of "countermeasures".
- New updates on the relationship between international law and national law.
- Valuable insights to "right to self-determination of peoples".
- Updated discussion on sovereign immunity.
- Newly-added topics addressing the modern popular issues of "oral undertakings" and "unilateral declarations of States capable of creating legal obligations".
- Rewritten discussion talking account of the new Territorial Sea Act 2012 and analysis of the controversial debate on the entitlement to natural resources in the territorial sea.
- New discussion on the Islamic concept of human rights.
- New discussion on the recently developed concept of "responsibility to protect", in comparison with traditional concept of humanitarian intervention.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: The Nature and Development of International Law
Chapter 2: The Sources of International Law
Chapter 3: The Relationship Between International and National Law
Chapter 4: The Subjects of International Law
Chapter 5: State Territory
Chapter 6: State Jurisdiction
Chapter 7: Immunity from Jurisdiction
Chapter 8: The Law of Treaties
Chapter 9: The Law of State Responsibility
Chapter 10: International Law of the Sea
Chapter 11: International Human Rights Law
Chapter 12: The Law of the United Nations
Chapter 13: Peaceful Settlement of International Disputes
Chapter 14: Legal Regulation of the Use of Force
Chapter 15: International Humanitarian Law
MORE BOOKS ON: INTERNATIONAL LAW
We Also Recommend
Malaysian Civil Procedure 2021, 2 Volume Law book