Malaysian Litigation Series - Commercial Conflict Of Laws In Malaysia
Malaysian Litigation Series - Commercial Conflict Of Laws In Malaysia By Kwong Chiew Ee, Chai Phing Zhou, Daniel Chua Wei Chuen, Aravind Kumarr and Melvin Ng Yet Ting
|Author||Kwong Chiew Ee, Chai Phing Zhou, Daniel Chua Wei Chuen, Aravind Kumarr and Melvin Ng Yet Ting|
|Publication Date||Oct , 2022|
|Format||Hardcover + Ebook (490 pages)|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
“The authors have skilfully drawn comparisons from conflict of laws decisions from other common law jurisdictions … I trust this book will be valuable to all members of the Malaysian legal profession as they navigate through the intricacies of commercial conflict of laws issues in the course of their work.”
- The only current Malaysian text on commercial conflict of laws, covering issues of jurisdictions, choice of law, and foreign judgments.
- Instructive commentary on conflict of law issues in the context of commercial disputes by authors with wide experience in cross-border disputes.
- Comparative study of recent reported cases on smart contracts and digital assets in commonwealth jurisdictions.
- Up-to-date analysis on conflict of law issues in international arbitration.
- Analysis and review on the intersections between conflict of laws and cross-border insolvency.
Table Of Contents :
About the Authors
In 2012, Kwong Chiew Ee was admitted to the High Court of Malaya as an Advocate & Solicitor. She has a Master of Law from the London School of Economics and Political Science and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of London. She holds Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Fellow status. Her primary professional areas include business and corporate disputes, bankruptcy and restructuring, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG). She teaches international dispute resolution as an adjunct professor at a university in Malaysia. She was included in the list of Malaysia's Rising Stars in Asian Legal Business for 2022.
Melvin Ng Yet Ting was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2018 and as a Barrister-at-Law (Middle Temple) in 2017. He graduated from the University of London with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons). His primary professional areas are business and corporate issues, many of which frequently have international components.
MORE BOOKS LIKE Commercial Conflict Of Laws In Malaysia: COMMERCIAL LAW
We Also Recommend
Sale of Shares and Businesses: Law, Practice and Agreements, 6th ed
Force Majeure and Frustration in Commercial Contracts 1St Edition | 2022
Commercial Fraud: Civil Liability, Human Rights, and Money Laundering