The Law on Money Laundering
The Law on Money Laundering By Hisyam Abdullah @ Teh Poh Teik
|Author||Hisyam Abdullah @ Teh Poh Teik|
This indispensable reference gem concisely covers the essential on the law on money laundering in Malaysia. The clearly and eloquently articulated explanations of current applications of statutes and precedents are thoughtfully presented to enable the readers to have a good grasp on understanding and applying the law.
The knowledge encompassed in this book has been produced from the perspective of an experienced litigator to be an indispensable practically applicable guide to criminal litigators practising this branch of the law.
TABLE OF CONTENTSCHAPTER 1: MONEY LAUNDERING OFFENCES UNDER SECTION 4(1) OF THE ACT
- Elements to be proven in a money laundering offence under section 4(1)(a) of AMLATPUA 
- The prosecution need not prove the origin or source of the unlawful proceeds 
- The knowledge or the mens rea element 
- Any burden on the defence? 
- Not necessary for the accused to be convicted of a predicate or serious offence 
- The operation of section 76 of AMLTPUA 
- Charge defective if the specific if the specific mens rea was not stated in the charge?
- The other acts of money laundering offences 
- Penalty for money laundering 
CHAPTER 2: FREEZING AND SEIZURE ORDERS
CHAPTER 3: FORFEITURE OF PROPERTY WHEN THERE IS NO PROSECUTION - SECTION 56
CHAPTER 4: THIRD PARTY PROCEEDINGS UNDER SECTION 61 OF THE ACT
CHAPTER 5: INVESTIGATIONS AND THE POWERS OF INVESTIGATING OFFICERS
CHAPTER 6: ADMISSIBILITY OF STATEMENTS UNDER SECTION 40 OF THE ACT
CHAPTER 7: CLAIMS FOR LEGAL FEES
CHAPTER 8: SECTION 71 OF AMLATPUA - IS IT CONSTITUTIONAL?
CHAPTER 9: ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING LEGISLATION AND THE LEGAL PROFFESSION
MORE BOOKS ON: MONEY LAUNDERING
We Also Recommend
Malaysian Civil Procedure 2021, 2 Volume Law book
Foong's Malaysia Cyber, Electronic Evidence and Information Technology Law