Akta Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 (Akta 701) Dan Perintah [Hingga 20th Februari 2022]
Akta Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 (Akta 701)
Detailed contents of Akta Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 (Akta 701) :
The Central Bank of Malaysia Act 2009 (Act 701) is the legislation that controls the activities and functions of Malaysia's central bank, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM). The legislation defines the central bank's powers, functions, and responsibilities, as well as the structure and makeup of the board of directors. The following are some of the act's important provisions:
BNM's principal objectives are outlined in the act, which include supporting monetary stability, safeguarding the stability of the financial system, and stimulating the efficient growth of the financial sector.
1. BNM's powers and duties: The act authorises BNM to conduct a variety of actions to achieve its goals, including making monetary policy, regulating and overseeing the financial sector, and ensuring financial system stability.
2. Board of Directors: The act specifies the membership of the central bank's board of directors and outlines the board's responsibilities, which include establishing BNM's policies and strategies.
3. Monetary policy: The legislation empowers the BNM to intervene in the money supply and interest rates in order to accomplish its monetary policy objectives.
4. Financial stability: The act empowers the BNM to take steps to protect the financial system's stability and to address any possible risks to stability.
5. Currency issuance: The legislation grants the BNM sole authority over the country's currency, including the design and issuing of banknotes and coins.
6. Foreign financial transaction supervision: The legislation empowers the BNM to regulate and oversee international financial transactions, as well as to ensure compliance with international financial regulations.
7. Financial reporting: The legislation requires financial institutions to submit regular reports to BNM and empowers BNM to request additional information as needed to carry out its supervisory and regulatory functions.
Akta Bank Negara Malaysia 2009 (Akta 701) contains:
Central Bank of Malaysia Act 2009 (Act 701)
Perintah Bank Negara Malaysia (Institusi Kewangan Yang Ditetapkan) 2009
Central Bank of Malaysia (Prescribed Financial Institutions) Order 2009