Bugden : Goods in Transit, 4th Edition
Bugden : Goods in Transit, 4th Edition By Paul Bugden and Dr Simone Lamont-Black
|Author||Paul Bugden; Dr Simone Lamont-Black|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
Considers contract, bailment, tort, property, sales of goods, and banking law as they apply to the transportation of goods.
- Deals with international transportation via rail, road, sea, and air, as well as multi-modal transportation, in the context of different international transport treaties.
- In the context of goods transportation and international commerce law, examines the law of agency and the law of bailment in depth.
- The property aspects in goods transportation and international commerce law are examined.
- Analyzes the plethora of local and international statutory and contractual responsibility frameworks that apply to carriers and other bailees.
- Considers the challenges that outsourcing, logistics, and project forwarding contracts bring up.
- The chapter on contracts has been updated and expanded to contain a lot of fresh research and a lot of new instances.
- New provisions on contract categorization, third-party vicarious performance, contractual notifications, and contractual decision and certification clauses are included.
- Increases the scope of the bailee's responsibilities.
- Sections on delegation and vicarious responsibility have been extensively changed.
- Sections on restitutionary remedies, such as indemnification, contribution, subrogation, and bribery, have been expanded.
- Covers the law of causation and remoteness of losses in contract, bailment, and tort in more depth.
- Introduces additional sections on a variety of discrete features of damages claims, such as delay damages and a thorough examination of many significant components of risk allocation and transfer.
- Coverage of letters of credit, bonds, guarantees, and payment in general is expanded.
- Revises the section on illegality to reflect current Supreme Court decisions.
- Many major new cases have been decided since the third edition, including the following:
- Magellan Spirit ApS v Vitol SA "Magellan Spirit"  EWHC 454 (Comm)
- Glencore International AG v MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company SA  EWHC 1989 (Comm)
- Spar Shipping AS v Grand China Logistics Holding (Group) Co, Ltd  EWHC 718 (Comm)
- Cavendish Square Holding BV v Talal El Makdessi  UKSC 67
- Glory Wealth Shipping PTE Ltd v Flame S.A.  EWHC 293 (Comm)
- Eclairs Group Ltd and Glengary Overseas Ltd v JKX Oil & Gas plc  UKSC 71
- Braganza v BP Shipping Ltd  UKSC 17, 
- Hayward v Zurich Insurance Company plc  UKSC 48
- MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company SA v Cottonex Anstalt  EWCA Civ 789
- Zurich Insurance PLC UK Branch v International Energy Group Ltd  UKSC
- Sea Shepherd UK v Fish & Fish Ltd  UKSC 10
- Fulton Shipping Inc of Panama v Globalia Business Travel S.A.U. (The New Flamenco)  EWCA Civ 1299
- Spliethoff's Bevrachtingskantoor BV v Bank of China Ltd  EWHC 999 (Comm)
- Geden Operations Ltd v Dry Bulk Handy Holdings Inc (M/V Bulk Uruguay)  EWHC 885 (Comm)
- NYK Bulkship (Atlantic) NV v Cargill International SA  UKSC 20
- Patel v Mirza  UKSC 42
- Versloot Dredging BV v HDI Gerling Industrie Versicherung AG  UKSC 45
- MT Hojgaard AS v E.ON Climate and Renewables UK Robin Rigg East Ltd  UKSC 59
- Mitsui & Co Ltd & Ors v Beteiligungsgesellschaft LPG Tankerflotte MBH & Co KG  UKSC 68
- Gard Marine and Energy Ltd & Anor v China National Chartering Company Ltd  UKSC 35
Similar books to Bugden : Goods in Transit, 4th Edition: Contract Law
We Also Recommend
Contracts Act 1950 (Act 136) & Government Contracts Act 1949 (Act 120) [As At 20th March 2021]
The Malaysian PWD Form of Construction Contract (Mainwork+ Supplement), 2nd Edition