Divorce and Matrimonial Proceedings Rules 1980: Commentary and Cases (E-Book)
Divorce and Matrimonial Proceedings Rules 1980: Commentary and Cases
|Author||Professor Dr Nuraisyah Chua Abdullah|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
**Please Allow 3 Working Days For Processing
The Divorce and Matrimonial Proceedings Rules 1980 ("DMPR 1980") and the Married Women and Children (Enforcement of Maintenance) Act 1968 ("MWCEMA"), as well as associated laws that governs the dissolution of non-Muslim marriages in Malaysia, are discussed in depth in this book. The comments and examples are intended to help students and practitioners understand how to use the DMPR 1980 and the MWCEMA in divorce and marital matters.
The MWCEMA's comments and cases should provide a clearer picture of maintenance enforcement, which is one of the most prevalent concerns in family courts. This book is supplemented by handy Appendices that go through maintenance enforcement in further detail.
The flow and method of each and every divorce and ancillary relief petition filed under the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976 are detailed in this book, which is an important aid to understanding divorce and marital procedures. It aids in gaining a thorough understanding of the laws and procedures governing divorce and marital processes, which is necessary for effective family law study and practise.
KEY FEATURES of Divorce and Matrimonial Proceedings Rules:
- Provides in-depth rule-by-rule analysis of the DMPR 1980.
- Provides useful MWCEMA section-by-section analysis.
- Up to March 2020, it contains an updated and current description of the legislation.
- Appendices address the techniques and procedures for enforcing maintenance, a comparison of maintenance enforcement in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah, and Sarawak, and non-Muslim enforcement issues.
- Authored by a seasoned family law professor who has already produced numerous family law works, the most recent of which being the second edition of the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976: Commentary and Cases.
CONTENTS of Divorce and Matrimonial Proceedings Rules
Divorce and Matrimonial Proceedings Rules 1980
- Rules and commentary
Married Women and Children (Enforcement Of Maintenance) Act 1968
- Sections and commentary
Appendix 1: Civil Court Enforcement Methods and Procedures
Appendix 2: Comparison on Enforcement of Maintenance in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak
Appendix 3: Problems in Enforcement of Maintenance by Non- Muslims
Appendix 4: Bibliography
Similar books to Divorce and Matrimonial Proceedings Rules: FAMILY LAW
We Also Recommend
Companies Act 2016 (Act 777), Regulations & Rules [As At 5th October 2022]
Akta Kerja 1955 (Akta 265), Peraturan-Peraturan Dan Perintah & Perundangan Terpilih (Hingga 1hb Jan 2023)
Contracts Act 1950 (Act 136) & Government Contracts Act 1949 (Act 120) [As At 25th May 2022]
Employment Act 1955 (Act 265), Regulations and Orders & Selected Legislation [As At 1st January 2023]