Malaysian Tort Law (E-Book)
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Malaysian Tort Law
Wan Azlan Ahmad & Mohsin Hingun
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
**Please Allow 3 Working Days For Processing
This book gives a complete study of Malaysian tort law using an analytical methodology. In addition to the tort of negligence, less prevalent torts such as wrongs in the judicial process, breach of statutory duty, harassment, animal responsibility, and intentional tort to the person are all included. Other common torts, such as annoyance, occupiers' liability, defamation, and product liability, are thoroughly examined. To round out the debate, the themes of vicarious liability, remedies, and appropriate defences are thoroughly examined.
The book examines Malaysian tort law in light of recent developments in key Commonwealth jurisdictions, focusing on issues that have and have not been addressed by local appellate courts. Where local precedent is lacking, the book aims to chart a course for the future evolution of Malaysian law, led by judicial opinion and analyses of international policy matters.
The writers have used their extensive experience to rigorously analyse the law in order to produce a text that will be useful to practitioners, judges, judicial officers, scholars, and students.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Malaysian Tort Law
2. Intentional Tort to the Person
3. Intentional Tort to Land
4. Tort Over Goods
5. Defences to Intentional Torts
6. The Tort of Negligence: Duty of Care
7. The Tort of Negligence: Breach of Duty
8. The Tort of Negligence: Causation and Remoteness
9. The Tort of Negligence: Defences
10. The Tort of Negligence: Matters of Proof
11. The Tort of Negligence: Matters of Proof and Res Ipsa Loquitur
13. Strict Liability: The Principle in Rylands v Fletcher
14. Breach of Statutory Duty
15. Occupiers’ Liability
16. Product Liability
17. Vicarious Liability
18. Defamation and Malicious Falsehood
19. Wrongs in Relation to Legal Process
21. Liability for Animals
22. Miscellaneous Torts
23. Remedies in Tort