The Company Constitution by Chen Thim Wai
The Company Constitution by Chen Thim Wai and Chen Siew Thong
|Author||Chen Thim Wai and Chen Siew Thong|
|Publication Date||Sep 2018|
||Softcover + Ebook|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
- Explains with clarity the essential requirements for company constitutions
- Provides in-depth study on company constitutions supported by relevant statutory provisions and leading local and foreign case law
- Identifies Replaceable Rules in the Companies Act 2016, providing guidance on how they may be customised to form valid company constitutions
- Contains a wealth of practical expertise and know-how to provide invaluable direction in implementing the new law including the use of the novel Written Resolution procedure
- Written by authors with deep practical and academic experience of Malaysian company law
About the Authors of The Company Constitution
For more than 30 years, Chen Thim Wai has been a practising lawyer. He graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Economics and an LLB from the Australian National University. Thim Wai is the author of The Law on Shareholders' Meetings - AGM & EGM (2012) and Guide to Table A – Articles of Association (2012). (2014). Corporate Voice (a MAICSA magazine publication) and Tax Guardian have both published his work (CTIM journal publication). He recently finished his LLM (by research) at Universiti Utara Malaysia and successfully defended his thesis, “The Application of the Companies Act 2016 to Minority Shareholders in Private Companies”.
Chen Siew Thong was called to the Bar and admitted to the High Court of Malaya as an Advocate and Solicitor. Family, Land, Tenancy, Contractual Disputes, Corporate and Construction Law Disputes, Judicial Reviews, Medical Negligence, Defamation, and Debt Recovery Claims are among his areas of practise. He has testified in lower courts, as well as the High Court and the Court of Appeal. He has had the honour of assisting in Syariah court hearings concerning the distribution of family property and cross-examination of expert accounting witnesses. Siew Thong has also been certified as a solo mediator by the Accord Group in Australia. He is currently pursuing a Master's degree in Business Law at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
CONTENTS of The Company Constitution
6 - Table A Regulations and the Replaceable Rules