The Law Of Smart Contracts | 2022 (E-book)
The Law Of Smart Contracts | 2022 by Wong Wai Wai
|Author||Wong Wai Wai|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
**Please Allow 3 Working Days For Processing
- First written book on smart contracts and the law in Malaysia.
- Written in a non-technical language to facilitate the easy understanding of the subject, supported by a helpful Glossary of Terms.
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of blockchain, Ethereum and smart contracts.
- Contains in-depth discussion on how smart contracts can be adopted and integrated as well as its interplay with traditional contract law.
- Makes comparative references to developments in other jurisdictions like the US, the UK, Singapore, Japan and China.
- Provides useful references for further research on blockchain, Ethereum and smart contract legal issues.
Table Of Content of The Law Of Smart Contracts
1. Introduction to Distributed Ledger Technology and Blockchain Technology
3. Smart Contracts
4. Legal Issues in Smart Contracts
5. Regulatory Framework of Smart Contracts
6. Interplay of Smart Contracts with Traditional Contract Laws
7. Systems Auditors and Subject-Matter Experts
9. Electronic Evidence and Forensic Nodes
10. Consumer Protection in Smart Contracts
11. Enforcement and Jurisdictional Issues
12. Alternative Dispute Resolution for Smart Contracts
About the Author of The Law Of Smart Contracts:
Wong Wai Wai received her Bachelor of Law (Hons) degree from the University of London (External). She then furthered her legal studies at University of Malaya, Malaysia where she graduated with her Master of Laws. Thereafter, she furthered her research interest at the same university as a candidate for her Doctor of Philosophy in Law and completed her doctrinal research thesis on cyber law. She is currently actively involved in the research of law and has presented several conference research papers at various local Malaysian universities as well as at overseas universities such as the National University of Singapore and Jiao Tong University of Shanghai, China.
An avid writer, Wai Wai has authored and co-authored several research papers and conference proceedings which were duly published in Scopus and other indexed journals in the areas of property rights, digital property, blockchain and its application in the legal system, cryptocurrency, and smart contracts. Her co-authored article on cryptocurrency has been published in the Financial Planning Association of Malaysia (FPAM) 4E Journal. She was an invited speaker at the Workshop on FinTech Recent Trends and Developments organised by a Malaysian university on the topic of “Smart Contract and its Legal Implications”. Wai Wai has also conducted training for the Board of Directors and the senior management staff of a Malaysian public listed company on the topic of “Blockchain and its Application in the Commercial World”. Her current research areas encompass trust law and its application in the era of digitalisation and the advancement of China’s digitalisation of its law and its application.
We Also Recommend
Bullen & Leake & Jacobs Malaysian Precedents Of Pleadings, Third Edition | 2023 *
The Law Of Evidence ( With Special Reference To The Law Of Sri Lanka ) Volume 1 & 2 | 2022
Clerk & Lindsell on Torts 24th Edition by Professor Andrew Tettenborn | 2023 *