Buckley: The Law of Negligence and Nuisance
The sixth edition of Buckley: The Law of Negligence and Nuisance brings the work right up to date in print and online.
Part of Butterworth's Common Law Series, this title draws extensively upon recent cases and judicial pronouncements and also includes references to case law from jurisdictions outside the UK.
The law of negligence touches on many areas of professional practice and remains a complex and a growing area of business for solicitors. Buckley deals with the multiple duties owed at the interface of the principles of negligence with medical and personal injury law, employment law, consumer law, licensing, and as such it is an essential addition to the library of any solicitor's firm.
The book is also part of the Common Law menu which is supported by annual updates.
New to this edition:-
- Deals with the Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010 coming into force at last
- Limitation in clinical negligence: Chinnock v Veale Wasborough  EWCA Civ 441
- Mesothelioma and insurance: International Energy Group v Zurich  UKSC 33
- Police liability and human rights: DSD v Metropolitan Police Commissioner  EWCA Civ 646
- Other significant High Court decisions such as: Vaughan v Ministry of Defence  EWHC 1404 (liability of MoD to military personnel); Ritz Hotel Casino v Al Geabury  EWHC 2294 (compulsive gambling and the duty of care); Ex p Barker  EWHC 1299 (clinical negligence)