Company Meetings and Resolution
- Fully updated to include the provisions of the Companies Act 2016, touching upon a variety of matters arising from various types of company meetings.
- Written by authors with vast company law and corporate secretarial experience.
- Systematic and well-structured organisation of content supported by relevant statutory and case authorities.
- Important rulings of the Companies Commission of Malaysia are reproduced for easy reference.
- Contains appendices in the form of selected guidelines and samples of written resolutions, members' meeting resolutions, notice of meetings, polling forms, forms for the appointment of proxies and corporate representatives, and minutes.
Company Meetings and Resolutions is written in clear and simple language to provide an easy understanding of the law and practice of company meetings for all stakeholders involved in organizing and running company meetings. It deals with the relevant Malaysian Companies Act 2017 (Act 777) provisions and provides authoritative guidance on a variety of matters arising from company meetings, including:
- Types of company meetings;
- Meaning of minutes and resolutions;
- Procedures involved in convening board and members' meetings;
- Difference between actual meeting resolutions and written resolutions;
- Difference between proxies and corporate representatives
- Annual general meetings of public companies;
- Class meetings;
- Convening of technology-based meetings; and
- Duties of a chairperson in meetings.
The book provides a legal and practical understanding of various company meetings such as directors' meetings, members' meetings, committee meetings and other meetings relating to creditors meeting in receiverships, schemes of arrangement, judicial management and liquidation which are essential for the proper functioning of a corporation.