DIVORCE AND MATRIMONIAL PROCEEDINGS RULES 1980: COMMENTARY AND CASES
Author: Nuraisyah Chua Abdullah
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell
This book provides insightful commentary and discussion of cases on the Divorce and Matrimonial Proceedings Rules 1980 ("DMPR 1980'') and the Married Women and Children (Enforcement of Maintenance) Act 1968 ("MWCEMA"), with reference made to related legislation that regulate the dissolution of non-Muslim marriages in Malaysia. The commentary and cases are meant to benefit both students and practitioners alike in the application of the DMPR 1980 and the MWCEMA in divorce and matrimonial proceedings.
The commentary and cases on the MWCEMA should provide a better perspective of the enforcement of maintenance which is one of the common issues surfacing in the family courts. This book is complemented with useful Appendices that elaborate on the enforcement of maintenance.
This book is an invaluable guide to understand divorce and matrimonial proceedings - the flow and procedure of each and every divorce and ancillary relief petition filed under the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976. It facilitates a good grasp of the rules and procedure of divorce and matrimonial proceedings which is essential for successful family law study and practice.
- Provides insightful rule-by-rule commentary on the DMPR 1980
- Provides helpful section-by-section commentary on the MWCEMA
- Contains updated and current discussion of the law up to March 2020
- Complemented with Appendices covering the methods and procedure for the enforcement of maintenance; comparison of the enforcement of maintenance in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak; and the problems in enforcement of maintenance for non-Muslims
- Authored by an experienced professor of family law, who had successfully published several family law books in the past, the latest being the second edition of the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976: Commentary and Cases