FEDERAL CONSTITUTION: A COMMENTARY
Author: Srimurugan Alagan
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell
Prepared by a seasoned practitioner with experience of a wide spectrum of subjects of the law, this book makes available clear, detailed and analytical Article-by-Article commentary on the Federal Constitution. The principles of law developed through cases over the years, both local and foreign, are carefully distilled and summarised for the easy guidance of users.
The provisions of the Constitution are fully up-to-date and helpful cross-references guide users through the intricacies of the working of the supreme law of Malaysia. The commentary is presented in a readable style and contains significant recent court decisions interpreting the working of the Constitution.
- Clear and detailed Article-by-Article commentary on the Federal Constitution
- Important applicable principles discussed, supported by relevant authorities
- Discussion of cases decided upon issues arising under the fundamental liberties provisions and the pre-Merdeka laws
- Critical analysis of some controversial decisions which provides the base for raising fresh arguments in future cases
- Includes useful historical background and cross-references to other legislation which complement the Constitution
- Considers foreign cases, especially those from India, Singapore, the United States and Australia, which help to interpret and provide clearer understanding of some key provisions of the Constitution