FIDIC Red, Yellow and Silver Books: A Practical Guide to the 2017 Edition
Shipping calculated at checkout.
FIDIC Red, Yellow and Silver books provides a unique drafter’s-perspective clause-by-clause analysis of the 2017 editions of the FIDIC contracts. Readers will understand how each sub-clause is interlinked and how to minimise and avoid future disputes through the accurate interpretation of clauses.
- Provides a detailed clause-by-clause analysis of the 2017 FIDIC Conditions of Contract
- Red Book - Works of Civil Engineering Construction
- Yellow Book - Electrical and Mechanical Works including Erection on Site
- Silver Book - EPC/Turnkey Projects
- Takes the reader through each clause and explains their purpose and effect
- Explains how each sub-clause should be interpreted
- Provides information on the risks and pitfalls that can affect parties in their interpretation of the clauses
- Details how each sub-clause is interlinked and the consequences of their being used or changed
- Guides the user through how to use the various sub-clauses such as to minimise or avoid future disputes
- Explains the rationale behind FIDIC’s decision to bring out the new contracts, such as resolving where previous clauses led to disputes
- Gives an overview of the changes between the 2017 and 1999 editions and why they were considered important
- Illustrates the concepts with frequent use of flow charts and diagrams showing how the contract processes are intended to operate