Guide To Company Secretarial Practice In Malaysia (5th Edition)
Guide To Company Secretarial Practice In Malaysia (5Th Edition) by Cheah Foo Seong
Cheah Foo Seong
|Publication Date||Mar 2021|
Under the Companies Act 2016, and the Companies (Amendment) Act 2019, this Guide to Company Secretarial Activity in Malaysia gives a clear and comprehensive explanation of the statutory framework, compliance requirements, and repercussions of company secretarial practise in Malaysia. The application processes and compliance activities of a company secretary are given special attention. The provisions of Malaysian company law will be discussed, as well as how they are used in the economic world.
The paper work relating to compliance requirements of the Companies Act 2016, Bursa Securities Listing Requirements, including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering laws, has become increasingly demanding, especially for company secretaries and professionals doing the paper work relating to compliance requirements of the Companies Act 2016, Bursa Securities Listing Requirements, including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering laws.
This book offers rules, processes, and the most recent case references on the most important problems relating to the courts' interpretation of company law, particularly with relation to members' written resolutions on director resignations.
The Companies Act 2016 and the Companies (Amendment) Act 2019 are the laws cited in this book. Where applicable, there are references to the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007, the Securities Commission Act 1993, and other connected Acts.
As of December 31, 2020, the legislation and regulations are in effect.
Key Features of Guide To Company Secretarial Practice:
The 5th edition has been drafted to incorporate the new law and rules as at 31 December 2020. Compared to the 4th edition, the key changes in this new edition are as follows:
- Enforcement of s 241 of Companies Act 2016 on 13 March 2019 on the registration of company secretaries.
- Companies (Practising Certificate for Secretaries) Regulations 2019.
- New Business Registration Number format for companies.
- Enforcement of Corporate Rescue Mechanism, and appointment of date into Operation of Division 8 Part III of the Companies Act 2016.
- Companies (Corporate Rescue Mechanism) Rules 2018.
- Including the following Guidelines:
- For Corporate Rescue Mechanism under Division 8 Part III of the Companies Act 2016;
- Relating to Practising Certificate for Secretaries under section 241 of the Companies Act 2016;
- For the Reporting Framework for Beneficial Ownership of Legal Persons
Topic Covered of Guide To Company Secretarial Practice
- An overview of companies
- Company’s constitution
- Company’s shares
- Directors’ appointment, removal and resignation
- Directors’ duties and liabilities
- Governance of company affairs
- Company registers and foreign companies
- Shareholders and meetings
- Minority protection
- Accounts and audit
- Debentures, charges and receivership
- Winding up and Strike off
- Regulatory obligations of listed companies
- Arrangements, reconstructions and corporate rescue mechanism
Find more Books like Guide To Company Secretarial Practice: COMPANY
We Also Recommend
Companies Act 2016: The New Dynamics of Company Law in Malaysia