Injunctions 13th ed
Author: David Bean, Isabel Parry, Andrew Burns
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell
Injunctions is a concise and practical guide to the subject of injunctions, with particular emphasis on procedure. The decision to grant or refuse an interim injunction will often be determinative of the whole dispute.
- Covers the full range of injunctions in one volume.
- Provides a concise and practical guide with particular emphasis on explanation of procedure.
- Sets out what remedies are available and to which situations they are best suited.
- Covers all matters of jurisdiction and the discretionary powers of different courts.
- Fully explains the criteria for both permanent and interim injunctions.
- Gives step-by-step analysis of practice and procedure, covering interim applications, other proceedings (including appeals), freezing injunctions, search orders and contempt of court.
- Contains a useful collection of official and unofficial precedents.
- Includes a chapter on matrimonial and domestic proceedings written by Her Honour Judge Isabel Parry.
- Deals with special cases such as ones dealing with restraint of publications, employment contracts, public law, defendants outside the jurisdiction, restraint of legal proceedings, and discrimination.
Features of the new edition include:-
- Privacy injunctions: PJS v News Group Newspapers
- Website blocking injunctions: Cartier International v BSkyB
- Claimants’ duties to the court in public law injunction cases: SB (Afghanistan) Notification injunctions: Holyoake v Candy
- New practice guidance in family injunction cases
Contents:Part A Jurisdiction: Introduction Criteria: Permanent Injunctions Criteria: Interim Injunctions Special Cases in the Law of Injunctions
Part B Practice and Procedure:Interim Applications Other Proceedings Freezing Injunctions Search Orders Contempt of Court
Part C Matrimonial and Domestic Proceedings:Matrimonial Injunctions and Similar Orders
Part D Precedents