Law and Practice of Injunctions In Malaysia by Robert Lazar | Sweet & Maxwell
Law and Practice of Injunctions In Malaysia by Robert Lazar (General Editor)
|Author||Robert Lazar (General Editor) and a Team of Expert Contributors|
|Publication Date||Nov 2020|
||Hardcover + Ebook|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
"... a treasure trove of knowledge and information and will be the first point of (quick) reference on injunctions. It deals with the legal and procedural pre-requisites for injunctions in general, and for special types of injunctions as well."
From the Foreword by YA Tuan S Nantha Balan, Judge of the Court of Appeal
KEY FEATURES of Law and Practice of Injunctions In Malaysia:
- Commentary on substantive law, practise, and procedure that is clear and thorough.
- Authors who are experienced advocates and solicitors of the High Court of Malaya provide clear and detailed court forms and precedents.
- Detailed and incisive examination of court considerations in the granting and refusal of injunctions, as well as the repercussions of noncompliance, backed up by relevant authorities.
- A useful comparison of the utilisation of injunctive remedy in Malaysia with other jurisdictions.
Injunctions are a difficult task for the practitioner to complete. One must be completely versed not only in adjectival legal practise and procedure, but also in the substantive law of the case at hand. As a result, this text has been designed with the practise in mind as well as the many other areas of practise that may be engaged, such as family law and intellectual property.
This book seeks to explain Malaysian injunction law, practise, and process. This publication has been written with court lawyers in mind, specifically those with the difficult task of praying for (and convincing the court to grant) relief in circumstances where damages are simply not an adequate remedy. It was written and edited by an eminent legal practitioner in collaboration with a group of expert authors.
Mareva injunctions, Anton Piller orders, interim preservation of property, Erinford injunctions, enforcement of injunctions, Fortuna injunctions and applications under the Companies Act 2016, anti-suit injunctions, Worldwide Mareva injunctions, and injunctions in matrimonial proceedings, insolvency & liquidation, tort, intellectual property, and banking are all covered extensively.
This book is useful for lawyers, chambers students, judicial officers, and other law students interested in civil practise and procedure.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Law and Practice of Injunctions In Malaysia
- A General Overview of Injunctions
- Mareva Injunction
- Anton Piller Orders
- Interim Preservation of Property
- Practice and Procedure 1
- Practice and Procedure 2
- Practice and Procedure 3 Enforcing the Injunction & Contempt of Court
- Injunctions in Relation to General and Extraordinary Meetings and Directors’ Duties
- Fortuna Injunctions and Injunction Applications Under the Companies Act 2016
- The Anti-Suit Injunction
- Restraining Calls on Bank Guarantees, Performance Bonds and Letters of Credit
- Injunctions in Relation to Receivers and Managers, Liquidators and Officers of the Court
- Injunctive Relief in Matrimonial Proceedings
- Injunctions in Tort
- Injunctions in Intellectual Property Law
- Worldwide Mareva Injunction