Lye Lin Heng’s Landlord and Tenant Law in Singapore (Second Edition)
Lye Lin Heng’s Landlord and Tenant Law in Singapore , 2nd Edition
|Author||Lye Lin Heng, Koh Swee Yen, Elaine Chew|
|Publication Date||April 2020|
The book is broken into four parts and has twelve chapters.
- Part I (Chapters 1–5) introduces the reader to the lease as well as the unique character of the landlord-tenant relationship.
- Part II (Chapters 6–8) concentrates on the parties' rights and responsibilities.
- Part III (Chapters 9 and 10) explores the various types of termination and the parties' rights in the event of termination.
- Part IV, Special Leases (Chapters Eleven and Twelve), concentrates on the HDB Lease (Public Housing) and Green Leases, respectively.
The book also points out the flaws in several English land law principles (on which Singapore's landlord and tenant law is founded), which were formed in a rural, feudal setting. They may no longer be applicable, and readers are encouraged to apply critical thinking in the context of today's urban setting in Singapore, drawing on the wealth of experience from other common law countries presented in this book.
• The COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Amendment) Act's rental relief structure for tenants.
• The Fair Tenancy Framework Industry Committee and the Fair Tenancy Framework.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Landlord and Tenant Law in Singapore
1. Land tenure and the lease in Singapore
2. Leases and licenses
3. Legal capacity to grant and take leases
4. Types of leases
5. Creation of leases
6. Rights and obligations of parties to a lease
8. Assignments of leases and the enforcement of covenants
10. Rights of the parties on termination
11. Leases from the HDB – Public housing
12. Green leases
Find more books like Landlord and Tenant Law in Singapore: Strata Title
We Also Recommend
Companies Act 2016 (Act 777), Regulations & Rules [As At 5th October 2022]
Akta Kerja 1955 (Akta 265), Peraturan-Peraturan Dan Perintah & Perundangan Terpilih (Hingga 1hb Jan 2023)
Contracts Act 1950 (Act 136) & Government Contracts Act 1949 (Act 120) [As At 25th May 2022]
Employment Act 1955 (Act 265), Regulations and Orders & Selected Legislation [As At 1st January 2023]