McGregor on Damages, 20th Edition
McGregor on Damages, 20th Edition By The Hon Mr Justice James Edelman
|Author||The Hon Mr Justice James Edelman|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
McGregor on Damages is still the top authority on damages and has been for over 50 years. It is a fundamental reference tool on the broad principles and specific components of common law damages.
McGregor on Damages, part of the Common Law Library, provides in-depth and complete discussion of the law, from a deep examination of broad principles to a thorough examination of specific areas of damages.
The First Supplement to the Twentieth Edition contains all recent developments in damages law since the Twentieth Edition was published. Important causation, remoteness of damage, damages for loss of a deal, breaches of undertakings as to damages, non-pecuniary losses, and damages for trespass, discrimination, assault, and wrongful imprisonment are only a few examples. The supplement also looks at recent Supreme Court rulings on personal injury damages, negligent valuation damages, "negotiating" damages, and interest awards.
Case updates include:
- ARB v IVF Hammersmith Ltd  EWHC 2438 (QB)
- Meadows v Khan  EWHC 2990 (QB)
- SCF Tankers Ltd v Privalov  EWCA Civ 1877
- Tiuta Inernational Ltd v De Villiers Surveyors Ltd  UKSC 77;  1 WLR 4627
- Clay v TUI UK Ltd  EWCA Civ 1177
- Dryden v Johnson Matthey Plc  UKSC 18
- Duce v Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 1307
- Morris-Garner v One Step (Support) Ltd  UKSC 20
- Phones4u Ltd (In admin) v EE Ltd  EWHC 49 (Comm)
- Prudential Assurance Company Ltd v Commissioners for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs  UKSC 39
- Smith v Khan  EWCA Civ 1137
- From deep treatment of broad principles to specific heads of damages, this book covers the law of damages in depth.
- Complex issues including loss of a chance, mitigation, causation, and exemplary damages are clarified.
- Examines concerns such as periodic payments and damages interest.
- The statement of case, the trial, and the appeals are all covered.
- Considers the following damages in relation to specific contracts, torts, and human rights:
- Contracts to Pay or Lend Money, Contracts for Carriage, and Contracts of Employment are all examples of contracts to pay or lend money.
- Torts affecting Goods: Damages and Destruction, Misappropriation, Torts Affecting Land, Torts Causing Personal Injury, Torts Causing Death, Assault and False Imprisonment, Malicious Institution of Legal Proceedings, Defamation, Economic Torts, Misrepresentation, Infringement of Privacy, and Misfeasance in Public Office are just some of the torts that can be brought against a person.
- Damages are sought in court to recompense someone who has suffered a loss, damage, or harm as a result of someone else's actions.
Similar books to McGregor on Damages, 20th Edition: COMMON LAW LIBRARY
We Also Recommend
Goff & Jones On Unjust Enrichment, 10th Edition | 2022 (Pre-Order)
Charlesworth & Percy on Negligence 14th ed with 3rd Supplement
Gatley on Libel and Slander, 13th Edition 2022 | (IN STOCK)