McGregor on Damages 21st Edition
McGregor on Damages 21st Edition By James Edelman, Simon Colton, Jason Varuhas
|Author||The Hon Mr Justice James Edelman, Dr Jason Varuhas; Simon Colton|
|Publication Date||Dec, 2020|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
McGregor on Damages is still the top authority on damages and has been for over 50 years. It is a fundamental reference tool on the broad principles and specific components of common law damages.
McGregor on Damages, part of the Common Law Library, provides in-depth and complete discussion of the law, from a deep examination of broad principles to a thorough examination of specific areas of damages.
- From deep treatment of broad principles to specific heads of damages, this book covers the law of damages in depth.
- Complex issues including loss of a chance, mitigation, causation, and exemplary damages are clarified.
- Examines concerns such as periodic payments and damages interest.
- The statement of case, the trial, and the appeals are all covered.
- Considers the following damages in relation to specific contracts, torts, and human rights:
- Sale of Goods, Hire and Hire-purchase of Goods, Sale of Land, Contracts to Pay or to Lend Money, Contracts for Carriage and Contracts of Employment.
- Torts affecting Goods: Damages and Destruction, Misappropriation, Torts Affecting Land, Torts Causing Personal Injury, Torts Causing Death, Assault and False Imprisonment, Malicious Institution of Legal Proceedings, Defamation, Economic Torts, Misrepresentation, Infringement of Privacy, and Misfeasance in Public Office are just some of the torts that can be brought against a person.
- Damages are sought in court to recompense someone who has suffered a loss, damage, or harm as a result of someone else's actions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of McGregor on Damages 21st Edition
We Also Recommend
Companies Act 2016 (Act 777), Regulations & Rules [As At 5th October 2022]
Akta Kerja 1955 (Akta 265), Peraturan-Peraturan Dan Perintah & Perundangan Terpilih (Hingga 1hb Jan 2023)
Contracts Act 1950 (Act 136) & Government Contracts Act 1949 (Act 120) [As At 25th May 2022]
Employment Act 1955 (Act 265), Regulations and Orders & Selected Legislation [As At 1st January 2023]