Supreme Court on Corruption 1950-2018 (3 Volume)
Supreme Court on Corruption 1950-2018 (3 Volume)
|Author||Surendra Malik and Sudeep Malik|
|ISBN||9789350286920, 978350289907, 9789388822275|
|Publisher||Eastern Book Company|
This three-volume book on anti-corruption law is an encyclopaedia of Supreme Court case law from 1950 to 2018.
Volume 1 includes case law from 1950 to 2012, while volume 2 covers case law from 2012 to 2013. Volume 3 has been revised to include a digest of case law from 2013 to 2018*.
The work includes the text of the most important Central and State Anti-Corruption Acts, which are otherwise impossible to get, as well as all rulings on public responsibility, vigilance, and prevention of corruption from 1950 to 2018.
This one-of-a-kind work will undoubtedly benefit citizens and public-spirited individuals in their never-ending fight against the state and its officials for fair, just, and equal treatment.
Special Features of Supreme Court on Corruption:
- For easy and quick discovery of all the rulings, the SCC index system was devised and developed.
- All of the judgements are organised methodically under topic and statutory headings, integrated by a well-thought-out cross-reference system, and supplemented by synopses as needed.
- The full text of some of the most important recent Supreme Court judgements on anti-corruption, public accountability, and vigilance from the SCC is included, which is quite useful.
- Cross-cites all major law reports, including SCC, AIR, Cri LJ, STC, Comp Cas, ITR, LLJ, SLR, FLR, ELT, and others. As a result, it can be utilised with almost any legal report.
- Table of Cases Digested, Annotations, Editorial comments and Comments, Bench Strength, Coram information, date of the judgement, and other characteristics will aid in rapidly locating significant rulings.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Supreme Court on Corruption 1950-2018 (3 Volume)
1.Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003
2. Judges (Inquiry) Act, 1968
3. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
4. Right to Information Act, 2005
5. Assam Lokayukta and Upalokayuktas Act, 1985
6. Bihar Lokayukta Act, 1973
7. Delhi Lokayukta and Upalokayukta Act, 1995
8. Haryana Lokayukta Act, 2002
9. Himachal Pradesh Lokayukta Act, 1983
10. Jharkhand Lokayukta Act, 2001
11. Karnataka Lokayukta Act, 1984
12. Kerala Lokayukta Act, 1999
13. Rajasthan Lokayukta and Up-Lokayuktas Act, 1973
14. Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta and Up-Lokayuktas Act, 1975
1. Generally — Nature and Scope
2. Appointment/Promotion to public office
3. Bihar Lokayukta Act, 1973 (6 of 1974)
4. Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003
5. Comptroller and Auditor-General Regulations on Audit and Accounts, 2007
6. Comptroller and Auditor-General’s (Duties, Powers and Conditions of Service) Act, 1971
7. Corruption in Armed Forces
8. Corruption in Criminal Justice System
9. Corruption in Education System
10. Corruption in Medical/Health Services
11. Corruption in Police
12. Corruption/Abuse of Power
13. Crony capitalism
14. Erring Official(s)/Misconduct/Dereliction of duty/Misfeasance or Malfeasance in office/Compensation/Relief/ Costs/Probe/Punishment — Costs as Punishment — Personally Recoverable from Officers Concerned
15. Fair and Speedy Trial
16. Government Grants, Largesse, Public Property and Premises
17. Gujarat Lokayukta Act, 1986 (31 of 1986)
18. Inquiries/Enquiries/Commission of Inquiry
19. Karnataka Lokayukta Act, 1984 (4 of 1985)
20. Land acquisition
21. Media role
22. Money-laundering/Black money
23. People in Power/Politically Influential Personalities/MPs/ MLAs/Ministers
24. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1947
25. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
26. Private parties abusing State Machinery for private gain
27. Public Authorities/Functionaries/Servant/Government Servant
28. Public Trust Doctrine
29. Quashment of criminal proceedings
30. Right to Know or Right to Information
31. Sanction for Investigation/Prosecution
32. Sentence .
33. State as a Litigant/Party
35. United Nation Convention against Corruption, 2003
36. Vigilance Authorities
1. General Principles .
2. Abuse of Process/Unscrupulous Litigants/Frivolous Litigation/ Exemplary Costs . .
3. Apathy/Carelessness of Administration
4. Private Person when “Public Servant
5. Civil and Criminal Proceedings
7. Constitutional Authorities/Functionaries/High Public Ofﬁces
8. Contempt of Court/Non-Compliance with Court Orders
9. Corporate Veil, Piercing of .
10. Corruption/Abuse of Power .
11. Costs Personally Recoverable from Ofﬁcers Concerned
12. Criminal Negligence in Discharge of Ofﬁcial Duties .
13. Crony Capitalism/Kickbacks/Bribery
14. Effect of Retirement
15. Erring Ofﬁcial(s)/Dereliction of Duty/Misfeasance or Malfeasance in Ofﬁce/Tort of Breach of Statutory Duty/Compensation/Relief/ Costs/Probe/Punishment
16. Government Contracts and Tenders .
17. Government Grants, Largesse, Public Property and Premises
18. Government Ofﬁcers/PSUs
19. Implementation of Government Schemes/Policy Decisions
20. Initiation of Criminal Proceedings
21. Inquiries/Commission of Inquiry
22. Land Acquisition and Eminent Domain
23. Money-Laundering/Black Money/Money Begotten from Corruption/ Benami Transactions
24. Non-State Bodies Discharging Public Functions
25. People in Power/Politically Inﬂuential Personalities/MPs/ MLAs/Ministers
26. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1947
27. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
28. Private Parties Abusing State Machinery for Private Gain/ Facilitating or Enabling such Abuse
29. Public Authorities/Functionaries/Servant/Government Servant/ Public Ofﬁce/Servant
31. State as a Litigant/Party
32. Public Prosecutor
33. Publicity/Reporting of Corruption Cases
34. Vigilance Authorities
35. Trial, Sentencing and Other Issues in Cases Re Public Ofﬁce/ Corruption . .
Find more books like Supreme Court on Corruption 1950-2018: All books