The Law on Dangerous Drugs in Malaysia (Dangerous Drugs Act, Special Preventive Measures & Forfeiture of Property) by Rahmat Hazlan | 2023
The Law on Dangerous Drugs in Malaysia (Dangerous Drugs Act, Special Preventive Measures & Forfeiture of Property) by Rahmat Hazlan & Luqman Bin Mazlan | 2023
|Author||Rahmat Hazlan & Luqman Bin Mazlan|
This book provides a thorough and understandable overview of Malaysia's harmful drug laws. The Dangerous Drugs (Special Preventive Measures) Act of 1985 and the Dangerous Drugs (Forfeiture of Property) Act of 1988 are also covered in depth, in addition to the 1952 Dangerous Drugs Act. This book provides a thorough practical examination of the law for legal practitioners and law students, taking into account both recent legal advances and venerable authoritative decisions.
- This book offers a summary of important laws and court decisions pertaining to dangerous drugs in Malaysia.
- In Chapters 2 and 3, as well as Chapters 6 on self-administration and consumption, the book provides an overview of the legal regulations controlling the numerous violations involving dangerous drugs.
- The book discusses typical evidential problems that arise in drug cases in Chapter 7, including the material witness, information that led to discovery, admission of statement as evidence, and agent provocateurs and informers.
- The book explores the numerous elements of the right to a fair trial, a principle that has continuously evolved through the years, in Chapter 8 - Constitutional Issues. This Chapter also examines the numerous constitutional issues, including whether the death penalty is lawful and the significance of the Alma Nudo Atenza v. PP  4 MLJ 1 case.
- The full procedure of preventive detention with regard to drug charges is examined in Chapter 9 of the book, which is titled Dangerous Drugs (Special Preventive Measures) Act of 1985.
- The book discusses dangerous drug property forfeiture legislation in Chapter 10 - Dangerous Drugs (Forfeiture of Property) Act 1988, providing information on the legal framework for addressing drug-related financial offences.
Table of Contents of The Law on Dangerous Drugs in Malaysia (Dangerous Drugs Act, Special Preventive Measures & Forfeiture of Property)
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Possession
Chapter 3: Trafficking
Chapter 4: The Drugs
Chapter 5: Presumptions
Chapter 6: Self Administration and Consumption of Drugs
Chapter 7: Evidential Issues in Drug Cases
Chapter 8: Constitutional Issues
Chapter 9: Dangerous Drugs (Special Preventive Measures) Act 1985
Chapter 10: Dangerous Drugs (Forfeiture of Property) Act 1988
About The Author(s) of The Law on Dangerous Drugs in Malaysia (Dangerous Drugs Act, Special Preventive Measures & Forfeiture of Property)
Rahmat Hazlan - Attorney and solicitor for the High Court of Malaya. His primary areas of practise are criminal defence in instances involving the death penalty, narcotics offences, organised crime, corruption, and commercial crime. He has frequently appeared in Malaysian courts as a lawyer and solicitor.
Luqman Bin Mazlan - 2014 saw Luqman Bin Mazlan become a member of the High Court of Malaya's panel of attorneys and solicitors. He is an expert in criminal defence with eight years of experience, specialising in laws governing preventive detention and drug-related charges. He established Luqman Iswatt & Partners, formerly known as Messrs. Ahmad Danial Iswatt & Luqman. At Queen Mary University of London, Luqman is currently working towards a Master's degree (LLM) in Criminal Justice.