The Law on Money Laundering Hisyam Abdullah
The Law on Money Laundering By Hisyam Abdullah @ Teh Poh Teik
|Author||Hisyam Abdullah @ Teh Poh Teik|
This useful reference book covers the essentials of Malaysian money laundering law in a simple manner. The readers will benefit from the simply and eloquently expressed explanations of current applications of statutes and precedents, which are thoughtfully given to help them comprehend and apply the law.
The information contained in this book was compiled from the perspective of a seasoned litigator in order to serve as a practical guide for criminal litigators practising this field of the law.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of The Law on Money LaunderingCHAPTER 1: MONEY LAUNDERING OFFENCES UNDER SECTION 4(1) OF THE ACT
- Elements to be proven in a money laundering offence under section 4(1)(a) of AMLATPUA 
- The prosecution need not prove the origin or source of the unlawful proceeds 
- The knowledge or the mens rea element 
- Any burden on the defence? 
- Not necessary for the accused to be convicted of a predicate or serious offence 
- The operation of section 76 of AMLTPUA 
- Charge defective if the specific if the specific mens rea was not stated in the charge?
- The other acts of money laundering offences 
- Penalty for money laundering 
CHAPTER 2: FREEZING AND SEIZURE ORDERS
CHAPTER 3: FORFEITURE OF PROPERTY WHEN THERE IS NO PROSECUTION - SECTION 56
CHAPTER 4: THIRD PARTY PROCEEDINGS UNDER SECTION 61 OF THE ACT
CHAPTER 5: INVESTIGATIONS AND THE POWERS OF INVESTIGATING OFFICERS
CHAPTER 6: ADMISSIBILITY OF STATEMENTS UNDER SECTION 40 OF THE ACT
CHAPTER 7: CLAIMS FOR LEGAL FEES
CHAPTER 8: SECTION 71 OF AMLATPUA - IS IT CONSTITUTIONAL?
CHAPTER 9: ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING LEGISLATION AND THE LEGAL PROFFESSION