The U N Mitra Law of Limitation and Prescription stands as a highly esteemed work in the realm of legal scholarship, demonstrating significant merit and scholarly knowledge. This enduring classic has been a prominent reference in the legal field for over a century, earning praise from both the judiciary and legal practitioners. Its origins can be traced back to the prestigious Tagore Law Lectures of 1882, a series widely acknowledged as the epitome of legal erudition in India.
Key Features of U N Mitra's Law of Limitation and Prescription (Set of 2 Volumes), 16th Edition:
- Long-standing authority on the topic for more than a century
- Offers a thorough commentary on the Law of Limitation and Prescription, organized by sections and articles
- Provides a meticulous analysis of legal provisions, presented with clarity and coherence
- Keeps pace with the latest legislative changes and statutory developments, incorporating amendments introduced by the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019
- Includes pertinent and recent judgments from various high courts and the Supreme Court, such as Arifaben Yunusbhai Patel v. Mukul Thakorebhai Amin, Bank of Baroda v. Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd., and CLP India (P) Ltd v. Gujrat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd.