UNCITRAL Model Law & Arbitration Rules
Shipping calculated at checkout.
“This book is a significant contribution to the study of the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration and the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules”
From the Foreword by Alexis Mourre,
President, International Court of Arbitration
“This new book … goes well beyond Malaysian law and practice into the international arena of the UNCITRAL Model Law and Arbitration Rules. This makes [it] of interest and usage to all international arbitration practitioners”
From the Foreword by Dr Philip Yang
Past Chairman, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
Arbitration is the ultimate dispute resolution mechanism used both domestically and internationally by virtue of domestic arbitral statutes and the New York Convention. The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) has issued both the Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration for adoption by countries and Arbitration Rules for use by arbitral institutions and parties. The UNCITRAL Model Law has enjoyed wide acceptance. To date, it has been implemented in 80 States in a total of 111 jurisdictions, with domestic legislation taking guidance and directions from the UNCITRAL Model Law provisions. The Malaysian Arbitration Act 2005 (Amended 2011 and 2018) is an example of it.
Likewise, the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules is the most widely used rules for ad hoc arbitrations. The Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC) Arbitration Rules 2018 adopts the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules as a base with necessary modifications.
This book provides a detailed commentary on every Article of the UNCITRAL Model Law or the corresponding sections in the Malaysian Arbitration Act 2005 (Amended 2011 and 2018) supported by both Malaysian and foreign cases especially from Model Law jurisdictions. This book is a reference text on the application of the UNCITRAL Model Law and Arbitration Rules. It should feature as a reference for anyone interested in arbitration law, practice and procedure.
- Contains a detailed and analytical commentary on the UNCITRAL Model Law, corresponding sections of the Arbitration Act 2005 (Amended 2011 and 2018) and the AIAC Arbitration Rules 2018.
- Provides practical pointers on the application of arbitration law and practice of it.
- Up-to-date, considering the 2011 and the latest 2018 amendments to the Arbitration Act 2005.
- Authored by Datuk Professor Sundra Rajoo, a leading experienced arbitration practitioner.
- Special contribution of a commentary on the AIAC Arbitration Rules 2018 by Thomas R Klotzel, a specialist in international civil procedure law and commercial arbitration.
- Includes the full text of the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration and the New York Convention.