Veerinder On Taxation 5th Edition
Veerinder on Taxation (5th Edition)
|Author||Ong Chong Chee, Tania Kat-Lin Edward, Sudharsanan Thillainathan|
|Publication Date||Aug 2019|
The 5th Edition of Veerinder on Taxation gives comprehensive coverage of Malaysia's tax laws, including technical provisions, tax authorities' practises and recommendations, and administrative aspects of the tax system. This book seeks to provide readers with a solid understanding of Malaysian taxation ideas that they may apply in the workplace.
This new edition incorporates all key changes since the previous edition, including those announced in the Finance Act 2018 and the Income Tax (Amendment) Act 2018. It includes several practical examples, illustrations, and case law that will help tax practitioners and students better grasp and apply fundamental tax ideas and principles.
Each chapter begins with an introduction of Malaysian tax legislation and then moves on to a discussion of the principles of Malaysian taxes.
Key features include:
- The book covers all areas of Malaysian taxation, including technical provisions, tax authorities' procedures and directives, and administrative components of the tax system.
- The essential ideas and practise of Malaysian taxation are discussed, with references to significant case law decisions.
Key benefits include:
- Completely up-to-date, based on the law as of June 24, 2019.
- The reader is led through a succinct, practical explanation of the income tax laws, including legislative changes, gazette orders, regulations and public rulings, and case decisions.
- The user-friendly structure makes it simple for readers to discover solutions to their tax issues.
- Research is sped up by extensive cross-referencing, indexing, and finding aids.
- Provides quick access to the most up-to-date and useful tax rates and tables.
CONTENTS of Veerinder On Taxation 5th Edition
1. Tax Policy, Tax Systems, Revenue Law and Interpretation of Statutes
About the authors:
Sudharsanan Thillainathan works with Steven Thiru & Sudhar Partnership as a Senior Partner. He graduated from Monash University in Australia with a double degree in law and accounting and finance, as well as a master's degree in law from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He was admitted to the Malaysian Bar in 1997 and has been practising litigation and arbitration for more than 20 years.
Ong Chong Chee has over 20 years of expertise in the field of taxation and has vast experience in offering inventive and realistic solutions to his clients on a wide variety of Malaysian taxation issues. Chong Chee is an Independent Non-Executive Director on the board of a technology business listed on Bursa Malaysia, in addition to being an Executive Director of Moore Stephens' tax division.
Tania Kat-Lin Edward works at Steven Thiru & Sudhar Partnership as a Senior Associate. Tania graduated with honours from the University of Reading in the United Kingdom with an LLB (Hons) Degree (First Class). Tania was admitted to the English and Welsh Bars in 2014 and the Malaysian Bar in 2015. Administrative and Constitutional Law, Banking and Finance Litigation, Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Family, Probate and Trusts, General and Civil Litigation, and Tax and Revenue are some of her areas of expertise.
Find more books like Veerinder On Taxation 5th Edition: Taxation Law