Common Issues in Malaysian Adjudication: Guide to CIPAA 2012 (Soft Cover)
This book provides a straightforward approach to the statutory adjudication process under the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012 (Act 746) (CIPAA 2012). The book guides the reader through the process of adjudication pursuant to CIPAA 2012 from its initiation to beyond the delivery of the adjudication decision. In this book, nearly 100 common issues have been identified that commonly crop up during various stages of the adjudication process. This title focuses on a growing body of domestic cases, providing a clear exposition and discussion of the relevant case law. Utilising a problem-based approach, the Q&A format of the book provides answers to the common issues in Malaysian adjudication. Preceded by an introductory section, the reader is also provided with an overview of the construction process and the disputes that may arise, taking the reader from inception of construction work right to completion of a project.
• Guides the reader through the adjudication process under CIPAA 2012 from start to finish
• Views the construction process from start to finish with the disputes identified along the way
• Identifies nearly 100 common issues that are of relevant during each stage of the adjudication process
• Provides answers to the common issues in Malaysian adjudication
• Covers a growing body of domestic cases while reference is made to English cases in other jurisdictions
• Q and A format that is reader friendly where busy practitioners and students can quickly find the relevant section to their problems