Hewitt on Joint Ventures Seventh Edition by Ian Hewitt
Hewitt on Joint Ventures - Seventh Edition
|Publication Date||Feb 2020|
|Publisher||Sweet & Maxwell|
Hewitt on Joint Ventures investigates transactions in which two or more existing businesses agree to form a joint venture and share in a single enterprise or commercial activity. It analyses the key difficulties posed by a variety of transactions, explains the applicable background law, and offers solutions to problems that occur. To assist the practitioner, checklists and precedent material are offered.
Key Features of Hewitt on Joint Ventures Seventh Edition:
- Examines all facets of joint ventures and a variety of collaborative relationships in depth.
- Covers the practical aspects of writing, negotiating, and forming joint ventures.
- This book will walk you through the processes of planning a joint venture or alliance.
- Identifies and investigates the key concerns highlighted by a wide range of transactions, including capital and finance, governance and management, minority investment and protection, deadlock and breakdown. Joint venture partners' responsibilities; Transfers of stock; Termination and alteration of a company's exit strategy; Mediation, litigation, and arbitration are all options for resolving disagreements.
- Provides background information on the essential legal issues.
- Suggestions for resolving difficulties that may arise
- A variety of precedents and checklists are included, as well as a CD-Rom for easy access.
- Recognizes the transnational dimension of many JV agreements by including chapters on the BRICS nations in its study of joint venture law and practise in Europe, Eastern Europe, the Far East, North America, and South America.
- Chapter-by-chapter discussion of Tax planning, Competition and Regulatory Controls, IP and Technology, Employment, and Accounting leads the reader through the complicated and expert aspects of a JV.
TABLE OF CONTENTS of Hewitt on Joint Ventures Seventh Edition
- PART A: PLANNING A JOINT VENTURE;
- 1. Why Go Into a Joint Venture?;
- 2. Planning a Joint Venture Transaction;
- 3. Choosing the Legal Form;
- 4. Contractual Alliances;
- 5. Equity Joint Ventures;
- 6. Importance of Ancillary Contracts;
- PART B: SPECIFIC ISSUES AFFECTING THE JOINT VENTURE RELATIONSHIP;
- 7. Capital and Funding;
- 8. Governance and Management;
- 9. Minority Investment and Protection;
- 10. Deadlock and Breakdown;
- 11. Duties between Joint Venture Parties;
- 12. Transfers of Shares;
- 13. Exit, Termination and Change;
- 14. Disputes: Mediation, Litigation and Arbitration;
- PART C SPECIALIST ISSUES AFFECTING JOINT VENTURES;
- 15. Tax;
- 16. Competition and Regulatory Controls;
- 17. Intellectual Property and Technology;
- 18. Employment;
- 19. Accounting;
- PART D INTERNATIONAL JOINT VENTURES;
- 20. International Joint Ventures;
- 21. Selected Jurisdictions;
- PART E PRECEDENTS;
- PART F JOINT VENTURE AND ALLIANCE CHECKLISTS
Find more books like Hewitt on Joint Ventures Seventh Edition: COMMERCIAL LAW